What you did today

Gorth

Watched the Chelsea vs Barcelona match last night with a Chelsea supporting friend last night. I'm not a big footie fan, but surprisingly it seems I know more about refereeing than the ref did. For example, if someone fouls on an attempt on goal within the penalty box... it's a penalty. That's why it's called a penalty box.

I was discussing my postgrad with my prof, and he said, "take solace in the fact that men greater than you have failed in their endeavours.... like Arsene Wenger!"

He, naturally, remembered I'm an Arsenal fan. :thumbsup:

I've nearly decided to refuse the offer of admission from NYU and couple of other places because I can't afford it. Instead I'm going to do a Masters here in half the time it should take while working at my current job (media analysis), then make the jump. Screw nationality, I'm going to go to the best school in the world (in my degree) for my PhD and that's that.

Hey, bro, we'll be glad to have you. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I make a mean Bulgogi. Seriously, all fresh ingredients and I've experimented with some different marinades, also. I recently made a honey, balsamic vinegar, and coconut marinade. I took a coconut, drained the milk into the marinader, then finely grated the meat into it as well. I used just enough honey to taste, and then let it sit for 36 hours. My God, I wish I had some now!

agreed, actually. i've met a few people i've known from online. they are always different "live" than they are on the net.

taks

Yeah, I've met a few as well, and agree. Or at least, they are always different than what you first envisioned (edit: not always a bad thing, either). I like to think that in general my net personality is pretty much the same as my RL one - but text doesn't reveal things like ... hyperactive leg bouncing, my childish bored-habits like tossing wadded up pieces of paper at my spouse, my combo of very laid back yet fairly reserved demeanor, or the fact 23 hours a day, I'm extremely non-entertaining. :x

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would love to get together to grill some dogs and burgers and shoot the breeze. I've met some folks from online. One was a real shocker. One was meta. meta was... well... meta is meta. Fascinating person. He thought I was pretty much a boy scout and I thought he was nuts.

I'm fairly convinced that he lurks around here sometimes, but doesn't post. What can I say. Rat bastard. I wish we had parted on better terms, but we did patch things up before he quit the scene. I missed his last call and he hasn't called since. I sure hope he didn't get himself in some sort of crazy assed trouble.

As for me, I'm big, I laugh loudly, I joke constantly, and I can hold a huge amount of alcohol. I'm also a big teddy bear and I like to get along with folks.

So, if you guys get a big BBQ going, I'm there. ...And my travel radius is huge, so there's a good chance I'd go to it whereever.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Summer officially begins today. Pretty amazing, I nearly aced my cost accounting exam but got D on my financial accounting exam today and I'm not even sure how. :'(

But w/e, that's in the past. Now I'm just counting the days until work is over and I can finally be set free.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

As for me, I'm big, I laugh loudly, I joke constantly, and I can hold a huge amount of alcohol. I'm also a big teddy bear and I like to get along with folks.

I remember the pics you've posted.

The one way to get me to talk a lot, fast, in initial social conversations is to ply me with booze. Which isn't easy to do since I generally don't like booze. :) One on one suits me a lot more than large gatherings, which I usually avoid like the plague. But for the OB forumites I'd try to get over that. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ply me with booze.

ply you with booze, do thing to/with you... uh, huh, i see how it is. :)

taks

I walked right into that one. ;)

There are like.. uh.. three girls on this board and 10,000 guys. Great party! I'm so tempted.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Two things, went insane due to hearsay by a classmate who said that our class projects were due tonight rather than next week. So I ended up spending most of my time in the library working on the damn thing.

Then I got part of my reward for winning the fic contest, Shirt, and signed Storm of Zehir. Interestingly Storm of Zehir is the Euro version rather than US :) (rated 12+ by PEGI!) when I'm more awake I'll post Peektures.

Shirt fits well however.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are like.. uh.. three girls on this board and 10,000 guys. Great party! I'm so tempted.

yeah, it's a walsausage-fest. personally, i don't prefer to worry about chicks during parties. i'm much more interested in good beer and good conversations (which seem to get better after many good beers) during social situations. of course, i'm married, too, so that tends to jade my view.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i'm much more interested in good beer and good conversations (which seem to get better after many good beers) during social situations.

The most important question about any potential game-forum gathering is, of course:

Will there be crates?

They're much safer to sit on than exploding barrels.

They're much safer to sit on than exploding barrels.

indeed. i don't think they stare at you mockingly, either.

none of the milk crates, aristes, i think they're still illegal to own in the US. :fdevil:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

went to a friend's bday gig last night and got to catch up with an awesome chick from auckland i met last time she was down here in wellington :fdevil:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Bought a mountain bike today and attempted to ride it for a while. I haven't rode a bike since I was in high school. I'm bloody sore.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester