NHL

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Well, I know the basics of Icehockey. Haven't got the slightest clue about NHL though :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm amazed there was no high sticking call on that one myself.

I wonder if the Oilers benched some of their underperforming veterans, would the results be the same?

edit:also, I hope they kept your announcing chair warm, Barry Melrose!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm shocked that Melrose was fired 16 games into the season. The Lightning have major issues, and I think Melrose can't be blamed for most of them. Don't get me wrong, Melrose seemed to be ill prepared to coach, but they could at least go half a season. The fact is the Lightning will probably miss the playoffs no matter who the coach is, they have serious management issues.

There record isn't even horrid. They were dead last in the standings this year, what was the expectation?

Tampa used to be a real favorite of mine. Especially when they trumped the Flamers in the SCF just ( what seems like) a few years ago. You don't want to blame the old 'top four' from the team, but you have to wonder if they didn't figure this was going to happen when they all signed their ginormous contracts a few years back.

That being said, I'd love Vincent Lecavalier on the Oilers, or Martin St.Louis. Hell, I'd be tickled if they signed Brad Richards as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Tampa used to be a real favorite of mine. Especially when they trumped the Flamers in the SCF just ( what seems like) a few years ago. You don't want to blame the old 'top four' from the team, but you have to wonder if they didn't figure this was going to happen when they all signed their ginormous contracts a few years back.

That being said, I'd love Vincent Lecavalier on the Oilers, or Martin St.Louis. Hell, I'd be tickled if they signed Brad Richards as well.

Bah! I remember watching game seven of that series and being really disappointed when Calgary lost. :lol:

Why? Calgary sucks?

Anyoo< I'd like to give mad props to players feeding my fortieth and fiftyfifth ranked hockey pool teams. Misters Malkin, Ovechkin, Ribiero, and even you too, Marc Savard! Honorable mentions go to Pavel Demitra, who nearly doubled his point production tonight...

And my first thought when I saw this headline was this.

Now if the Oilers can hold on to their one goal lead going into the third tonight, I'll sleep happy.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm kind of happy I live in Sweden, in a completely different time zone, so I slept through the Leafs losing a one-goal game. Again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Leafs Trade Coliaccovo and Steen for Stempniak

Don't follow the western conference much, and St. Louis even less, but more deadweight cut off the Leafs roster can't be a bad thing, and this may get Frogren some ice time too.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I thought Steen was a decent young player?

Stempniak sure doesn't seem like an upgrade, and throw in the fact the Leafs sent a d-man and you've got a fairly odd trade. Ah well, I think Stempniak is a grittier player, which might mesh with Ron Wilson's system better.

I thought Steen was a decent young player?

Stempniak sure doesn't seem like an upgrade, and throw in the fact the Leafs sent a d-man and you've got a fairly odd trade. Ah well, I think Stempniak is a grittier player, which might mesh with Ron Wilson's system better.

Steen is a solid two-way player who's never quite blossomed as an offensive forward. I personally never liked Colaiacovo much and the Leafs actually have decent depth in their defence ranks anyhow. I think this was a pretty good move.. not that I've ever noticed Stempniak in any game but judging from what I've read about him.

Now bring back Sundin and we're good to go! I hope.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just read that the Sharks have offered a tryout contract to Claude Lemieux. You'd think middle age would have mellowed that old bastard. If he does make the team, he'll teach Sean Avery a thing or two about being an agitator.

edit: I lol'd at this

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I just read that the Sharks have offered a tryout contract to Claude Lemieux. You'd think middle age would have mellowed that old bastard. If he does make the team, he'll teach Sean Avery a thing or two about being an agitator.

Wonder if he's gonna teach Avery how to turtle when he agitates someone enough too.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

"If he does make the team, he'll teach Sean Avery a thing or two about being an agitator."

I think that Martin Brodeur (Lemiuex's old running buddy) would say that Avery doesn't need to be tought on how to be agitator.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.