Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The best frontman

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 644 posts
Start casting Circles of Protection at the start of hard battles to help her. Buffing helps big time. Maybe give her a Blunting Belt, Fulvanos Amulet and take Veteran's Recovery. That should sturdy her up. W&S Style would help as well. As does Superior Deflection. Once you start gaining the 'Faithful' spells for a priest use them without hesitation. Priest truly are great party buffers.

Slack83er

Slack83er

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 555 posts

That blasted Durance saved my a** about a dozen times with that health recovery he casts on the ground! Now...I've done things I left behind such as catacombs and raedric, and I done 'em in a blast, it was so easy. What level shoud I confront the dragon at the falls?

• Raven Darkholme likes this

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

That blasted Durance saved my a** about a dozen times with that health recovery he casts on the ground! Now...I've done things I left behind such as catacombs and raedric, and I done 'em in a blast, it was so easy. What level shoud I confront the dragon at the falls?

If you use protection from fear you can do him at level 7 or even earlier.

Livegood118

Livegood118

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Make a wall with two characters using the priest spell withdraw at the bit just before you get to the dragon and you should be able to kill it with your back line characters.

FYI tidefall has a reasonably high mechanics check, might wanna buy one of those mechanics scrolls.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7066 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Mechanics 10 + stealth mode is required to find Tidefall in the drake's nest.

A lvl 8 party should have no problems with Cail the Silent.

Edited by Boeroer, 20 May 2017 - 06:39 AM.

Slack83er

Slack83er

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 555 posts
Done it with a 7th level party. My main has 8 mech, so with the gloves I found tidefall all right. Doing some bounties right now.. I'm 8th level. Everything goes on right. Thanks for advices!
  • Raven Darkholme likes this

Slack83er

Slack83er

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 555 posts
Ok I thought I'd update this a little bit. I'm at third act now. Level ten. I'm still tanky, and my party took grieving mother instead of Sagani. Some advice came to me right at the start of the act telling me it'd be far to easy for me since I'm level 10, but the blasted primordials are tough as hell.. glad I didn't rise the difficulty. I'm in twin elms now. I feel a little lost, in that the quests are a lot. My main has been quite fun to play so far, no micro, just dialogue, trapspringing, scouting and hard hitting. Maybe a little more resolve would have helped me in some dialogues. Act two has been fun enough I must admit. Hope third will be as well. I found out maybe orlan isn't my favourite race.. I thought it had a greater impact on the game..

Livegood118

Livegood118

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ok I thought I'd update this a little bit. I'm at third act now. Level ten. I'm still tanky, and my party took grieving mother instead of Sagani. Some advice came to me right at the start of the act telling me it'd be far to easy for me since I'm level 10, but the blasted primordials are tough as hell.. glad I didn't rise the difficulty. I'm in twin elms now. I feel a little lost, in that the quests are a lot. My main has been quite fun to play so far, no micro, just dialogue, trapspringing, scouting and hard hitting. Maybe a little more resolve would have helped me in some dialogues. Act two has been fun enough I must admit. Hope third will be as well. I found out maybe orlan isn't my favourite race.. I thought it had a greater impact on the game..

I'm not really a fan of playing Orlans either ... it's kind of like playing Gnomes in D&D based games or whatever.

I'm glad you're enjoying your character. If you haven't been to White March yet you get a Ring that gives +3 Resolve in the first area quite quickly.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7066 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I like orlans a tanky characters. It's funny when the smallest guy in the party is the toughest one. ;)

scythesong

scythesong

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 126 posts
I like them as stabby characters, personally. It's always nice to see the smallest person in the party do massive melee damage. Hiravias doesn't count, he turns into a monster when he needs to hit things.

Slack83er

Slack83er

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 555 posts
Yes, it's not bad being little and tanky... it's just a little awkward when you sit on that huge throne and it kinda swallows you up..he he..
That said.. I'm almost 11th level now, and still I find it difficult to roam around certain areas, let alone white march.. there's a place north east of caed nua, can't recall the name right now.. I just walked in, a guard steps forward and shortly a fight begins. Well, I just die in seconds. What's wrong? Wrong members? Wrong attitude?

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 644 posts
That is Cancelhaunt's Tower. Very high level area. Stay away until you are comfortable with WM areas and Twin Elms areas. It's lots of fun once you learn higher level game mechanics. It is a very rewarding feeling when you clear it.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2027 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yeah, Concelhaut's Tower was added with White March I and was intended as a high level dungeon. It's roughly meant for at least level 12 (max level pre-White March I), and the higher the better. Also even when you're appropriately levelled, it has some challenging fights specifically designed to test you. As Blades of Vanatar says, it's fun when you manage to beat it.

Slack83er

Slack83er

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 555 posts
Thank you then, I thought I was doing something wrong.. I'll continue on twin elms then.. is the party ok? I can't always decide between Sagani and grieving mother.. Hiravias..mm I dont like him very much..

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 644 posts
All companions can carry their weight. It's about finding synergies between the builds you provide them.

scythesong

scythesong

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 126 posts
Indeed, though some companions work together better than others. Durance and Devil of Caroc, for example, which is hilarious because they hate each other. And then there's companions like Hiravias who work well as a complement to any party.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2027 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hiravias and Sagani work very well together once you've got Stormcaller for obvious reasons.

Livegood118

Livegood118

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hiravias and Sagani work very well together once you've got Stormcaller for obvious reasons.

• JerekKruger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users