11 000 years!

Messier-31

Question

I am reporting the issue: time flies.

The year in the game is over 11 000.

When I loaded the game yesterday, the year was over 8 000. Time flies, huh?

I simply opened the journal.

Attaching screenshot:

11k.jpg

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

In case a save is still needed:

I have one here from the very first zone in the game, the Encampment.

My journal contains two entries:

Find Sparfel in year 5645 (active)

Collect Springberries in year 8467 (completed)

All I have done is start the game with a new character, collect everything that isn't nailed down, gone through Heodan's conversation options, and sold everything that isn't essential to Heodan up to and including my wizard's armour (because he pays top price, which is why I have around 3000cp which will surely be nice once I reach Gilded Vale), and killed the wolves.

It seems unlikely that you'll find a more minimalistic example than this.

I don't recall whether this character was started from a clean start (i.e. start POE, create character, play character) or after returning to the main menu from playing another character. A subsequent single attempt to reproduce it from a clean start (all I could be bothered to do) where I just ran and killed the wolves immediately failed to reproduce the bug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srerexx7b3071or/POE_journal_date_bug.rar?dl=0

Game version is Windows/Steam.

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

mainliy it effects stronghold time-releated things.

*Update*: We're able to reproduce the bug on our end.

Any chances that this will be solved in 1.03 ?

At this time, we're still working on this issue. Thank you guys for submitting your save files and player logs. It really helps us track down the bugs when you do.

• Like 1

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Hello Obsidian. I can confirm that patch v1.03 did not resolve this issue in the journal. I will attempt to upload my savegame (if you still need it) when I'm able to (at work currently).

We have a fix and it should be in 1.04.  The issue doesn't affect the stronghold or any gameplay, it is essentially a display-only issue.  It is caused by saving and loading the game.

Hello BMac,

Thanks for responding. It looked like a display issue. It is humorous. Man, it took me a really long time to complete some of these quests ;) And, in some cases, I went back in time. Now that's some dedication!

Cheers!

We have a fix and it should be in 1.04.  The issue doesn't affect the stronghold or any gameplay, it is essentially a display-only issue.  It is caused by saving and loading the game.

Great news ;)

Will the year be fixed after loading a game, or we need to start anew?

I'm using the beta patch right now and it seems to have stopped the years growing but doesn't seem to have had them set to the correct 2723 year. Hopefully the final patch will revert those dates. I mean I'm not a programmer but couldn't you say Check how many days have passed in game. If that number is less than 365, set year in journal entries to 2723 and have it run this only once.

I'm using the beta patch right now and it seems to have stopped the years growing but doesn't seem to have had them set to the correct 2723 year. Hopefully the final patch will revert those dates. I mean I'm not a programmer but couldn't you say Check how many days have passed in game. If that number is less than 365, set year in journal entries to 2723 and have it run this only once.

2823 ofc.