Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Build Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5133 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

i will buy some but living out in the sticks it will probably take some time to get here

I'm a fan of Kryonaut and use it almost exclusively (except for when I use Conductonaut because when you're repasting laptops sometimes it's worth using Liquid Metal).

*Snip*

That's a known eGPU method and I've seen enough people use it successfully that it might be worth a try even though it likely doesn't have a 100% success rate and you will be loosing the wireless card.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6419 posts
Recently transferred my 1080ti to the Bulldog living room pc (right side). Great for VR, and no compromises 4K gaming (unlike Xbox One X’s variable resolutions)

5a8747b7-55ff-4dce-brsumb.jpeg

Box has zero cable management features, but since it has no window then I guess it’s ok

4ecfa377-2f17-4d25-9sout3.jpeg

Specs:
1080ti Seahawk
i7 7700K
Z270 ITX
32GB RAM
1TB SSD
4TB HDD
600w PSU
75” 4K HDR TV
  • Deadly_Nightshade likes this

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

I'm seriously pissed at all the bitcoin mining going on. It's making it pretty ****ing annoying when you're (STILL! >_< ) in the market for a bleeding gpu...

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1733 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

Yep. Don't expect it to let up much at this rate, either.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4648 posts

Anybody else finding bitcoin modules plugged in and hidden away at work. 

Sarex

Sarex

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Think of this way, when the bitcoin market crashes and it will, the second hand gpus will be dirt cheap and the new ones will be heavily discounted.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Think of this way, when the bitcoin market crashes and it will, the second hand gpus will be dirt cheap and the new ones will be heavily discounted.

If it does. It's not unlikely someone starts some different bitcoin thing and the mining starts again.

Sarex

Sarex

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1858 posts

I mean there already are different mining "things" like ethereum, but bitcoin crashing would pull the whole thing down.

Deadly_Nightshade

Deadly_Nightshade

Vampire

• Members
  • 5133 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm seriously pissed at all the bitcoin mining going on. It's making it pretty ****ing annoying when you're (STILL! >_< ) in the market for a bleeding gpu...

You might want to consider getting a pre-built, tearing the GPU out of it, and then selling the bits you don't need.

EVGA is also releasing cards on their site at retail pricing although they usually sell out within a few minutes of going up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users