Integrated graphic chipset & KOTOR2

Hi i'm an italian player (sorry for my english). I have a big problem with kotor2. I patched it to the last version(but i had the same problem with the original game), the same for my graphic card!

My graphic card is a Mobile intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family with 128 mb RAM.

When i create a new carachter and begin to play, after the introduction movie, the screen become all black and i can hear only some noises of the ship. How can i solve the problem? i configured the game to play in 800x600 with low texture, disabled the V-sync, the grass, the shadows, tryed to put the new line in the file "swkotor2.ini" as the troubleshooter said as last hope, but no changes.

I heard about a method that consist in changing the bios to give 128mb ram to the graphic card, can it solve the problem?

I have 1g ram and a 1.8Ghz processor Intel centrino

I hope it's the right forum, i couldn't find a technical support forum!

Thanks!

Edited by Nanaki

The Technical support forums are no more. This is the new Technical support forum :p

Generally, onboard graphics chipsets (ie neither Nvidia or ATi) are not very good for games :-.

My laptop plays KotOR only after the driver for the graphics have been updated (however my graphics card is an FX Go 5200 64mb)

Try updating the drivers for your graphics chip?

Edited by aerowars617

Upgrade your video card. All I can really tell you to do, since onboard chips are notoriously crappy when it comes to games.

If you do buy, make sure you check everything first. Research, look up, ask, etc. before handing over any cash for that shiny new card.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Ive heard you can upgrade the RAM of the graphics card for the laptop, but I havent confirmed it and I dont know myself because I dont particularly know how laptops work, I just want to know that it works!

What laptop is it? If the model of laptop supports having a separate graphics card (like when you go "configure it" in the store or website) then you can probably have it upgraded.

Hey at least you can play Pure Pazaak just fine o:)"

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing u can do is update all your video card drivers and motherboard drivers. You should almost update everything... audio, directX, processor drivers... everything... it's the only thing u can do if u have a laptop.