will anything be added to deepen the combat?

They are munchkin characters.

But then again, they are supposed to be.

You can't be seriously complaining about Jedi being too powerful, i don't think Lucas was thinking about some geeky table game when he was making Star Wars.

Jedi are not the problem, Jedi as playable characters are. They are like Dragons in D&D, you can't be giving the player so much power, but then again, who would want to play a Star Wars RPG without Jedi ?!?

The feats needs nearfing and a player should not be allowed to use force powers when holding a weapon(sabers)...they could make a rule about it taking a round to equip/unequip a weapon...this would be a small step towards making the game more enjoyable..or at least somewhat challeging.

Except the Force doesn't work like that. It's not like you need to make hand gestures to use it.

Well lightsabers and blasters are supposed to be leathal in one hit...things gets tweaked due to game mechanics.

Anyway in the movies you never see a jedi use one of the bigger (force lightning and so) powers while holding a lightsaber....so you could make the rule that only thier one powers can work while holding a object then.

who would want to play a Star Wars RPG without Jedi ?!?

*Raises his hand!*

Alone amongst the billions, you just can't win.

I'd play it, tho I think you have to choose jedi or non-jedi when making the game. After all, a scoundrel shouldn't be better than a DS/LS jedi in ...anything. I mean, he can't be more helpful than a jedi, or more under handed than a DS jedi, and shouldn't be able to best either in combat. Basically you have to power down the jedi, big time, to make it work. Not to mention drastically change the enemies you fight, depending on what you choose to do. After all, if my Han Solo guy is knocking of Sith Lords hand to hand....well, let's just say people have enough issues with all swords deflecting lightsabers.

I suppose you could be a mandalorin or something, but still, your options are limited.

Difficulty can depend upon perspective. My girlfriend is very new to video games in general, but she loved KOTOR. She played a Scoundrel type character, who had difficulty with combat until she became a fairly accomplished Jed. She didn't do every side quest, nor get every item. Her character paled in power compared to mine. Thusly, I rolled through the game and she didn't.

I'd rather see the game difficulty increased rather than just nerf Jedi's. Jedi's are intrinsically more powerful than non Jedi, it's part of the Star Wars setting. And frankly, if I'm Revan the uber Sith Lord, I'd kill anyone who had a similar power level to me. You think Carth would be hanging around if he was able to kill me?

Stuff I'd suggest to make the game harder would be cooldowns on force powers (which would weaken Jedi but not bring them down to the same level as eveyone else) so you couldn't spam force wave or heal, and to increase the toughness or number of enemies if the number of Jedi in your party increases. I only took non Jedi with me to have a quick chat, then swapped them back out.

The game difficult needs upping anyway though, I've yet to use an energy shield or adrenal thingymebob.

difficulty can depend on the perscpective, but this game was really only difficult to those who didnt understand how the first game worked. the new game isnt going to win over any new fans (the people who found the first one's combat or other aspects boring most likely won't be giving this one a shot). So they should, if nothing else, increase the difficulty since the fan-base of the next game will be made up mostly of veterans of the first game.

My personal feel is to not have a "Power attack" or a "flurry attack. Maybe we can have a "Power mode" or a "flurry mode". Like when we turn on our "power mode" our character will really lay into the hits (not performing some flippy swing) putting all his weight into his swings and when the enemies try to block it they fall back a bit because of the blows. If he misses in this mode our Jedi will be off balanced and be opened to attack. With Flurry our character will swing like a maniac all quick strikes. This will add a more cinematic feel to the game I think. While I'll miss Pressing "Flurry" over and over again... I'd rather sit back and watch a cool looking fight.

prs rules, prs are my initials thats kinda creepy.

anyway, i think ur idea is better than mine, might as well just have a flurry mode as opposed to stacking it all the time. it would be alot of fun to see different types of animations including falling down after swinging too hard and such. it wouldnt be too hard to implement, and it wouldnt mess up the fact thats its still turn-based.

Well, quick weapons slot will help a lot, but I'd still want all the active combat feats be two-step only and more numerous. Because, let's face it, while soldiers could be pretty devastating in a fight in KOTOR, the Jedi or even droids had many more tactical options.

With Canderous it was just flurry ad nauseam, with a few Critical strikes for a change. Rather monotonous. In KOTOR2 I'd be able to squeeze an occasional Critical Shot or Rapid Shot in, but that's still fairly dull when compared with 10 or so powers a Jedi can employ.

Also, maybe soldiers need more quick slots? 3 or 4 say, as opposed to other characters 2.

Also, please! I want firearms to be as good as melee weapons.

Other welcome additions would be:

1. Group disengage button. It was bloody irritating in KOTOR to be unable to keep the party out of combat or to retreat and KOTOR was easy. If, as I hope, KOTOR2 will have a chalenging difficulty option, this flaw would be even more noticeable.

2. Ability to set a feat as a default attack. I had HK use Rapid Shot exclusively and it was quite annoying and repetitive to ensure that his action queue was always full.

3. Kill Statistics for the NPCs as in BG games.