Hi. I need some help to resolve recovery time "problem".

I have noticed some strange things.

1) Pistol Modal:

2.6s recovery speed w/o it, 1.7s with it. That's 1s difference, but in both time there was ~3.5s between chat messages about hits. 

2) Next i used Scordeo's Trophy(-15% stacking recovery time buff)

Recovery time became 1s. Time between chat messages still ~3.5s.

It seems, that around 2.5s recovery time i somekind of cap for ranged weapons.

P.S. Melee weapons working fine

Edited by Helar
  • Like 1

Oh, my bad, ranged weapons doesnt have recovery, they have reload.

But it doesnt solve problem. 

First i think it was tooltip bug, Reload time been affected by Recovery time buffs, but then i just tested little more.

1 pistol w/o modal: 0.8s+3.8s, time between attacks - ~4.4+- my reaction, so it's kk. 

1 pistol w modal: 0.8s+2.1s, time between attacks - ~3.6+- my reaction, it's not kk.

You forget that pistol have an attack speed too. So you have reload+attack between each 'hit'.

0.6 sec to shoot, 1.8 sec to reload = 2.5 sec

I make video for myself -  shoot  between 2 and 3 sec, than reload, and next shoot come betwen 6 and 7 sec.

So your opinion wrong.

Edited by Zzz
  • Like 1

@Helar nice catch.

I tested myself for the following results:

1. fireing 2 pre-loaded pistols in the initial attack works as stated, roughly ~1 sec apart.

2. fireing 2 pistols with modal (~2,5 sec attack and reload) yield ~3,6 sec between attacks

3. fireing a pistol with modal (~2,8 sec attack and reload) yield ~3,6 sec between attacks

I'm gonna check if this bug has been reported. If not I'll post a bug-report and link it here.

This sucks. It means my gunslinger is not viable until it's patched. :~(

Edited by EmilAmundsen

Y, i disappointed too.

My streetfighter/monk, who can reach 1.8 sec reload after first shoot, just useless.

Yeah, since at possible to reach 1s reload + 0.8s attack.

Thankfully it's just pistols bug

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but don't use stealth when you're checking, it drastically reduces reload time.  Makes ambushing with guns kinda nice.  

Also, I've noticed **** get buggy sometimes and it'll always go back to normal if I reboot the game, so if you're noticing issues try that too.

Edited by Climhazzard

Gun reload time feels soooo fast that there’s not any point to do a blackjack swap gun build any more :/

What’s your build?

I’m still a bit away from playing but was planning a gun black jack build, so this is surprising to hear

I mean comparing with PoE 1 reload time they are too fast, u get like 2 sec reload time when dual wielding pistol + modal

Gun reload time feels soooo fast that there’s not any point to do a blackjack swap gun build any more :/

What’s your build?

I’m still a bit away from playing but was planning a gun black jack build, so this is surprising to hear

I mean comparing with PoE 1 reload time they are too fast, u get like 2 sec reload time when dual wielding pistol + modal

What’s your build?

You can get 1s reload...but it doesnt work sadly

What’s your build?

Gotcha, however wasn't the damage lowered?  Currently in its state from what I've seen, it seems black jacket is definitely the way to go to maximize burst and dps.  I'm looking at a Black Jacket / Streetfighter build using Arq to open, switching to pistols and maybe a blunderbuss set in there, depending on if im unable to shake aggro