Sky dragon retreating?

No worries at all Mortim!

Sorry myself for taking so long to respond!

I saw your post quite some time ago, but have been waiting on a substantial update to reply. Sadly, that's taking so long that I figured I'd just finally let you know I read it, hahaha. I decided to try and check a least some of each patch with my method, just in case. I also noticed that the initial WM release had a lot of unusual Sky Dragon bugs. Sadly, it's proving half-impossible to find that update, and the method itself takes a decent amount of time per patch.

Moving on, thanks for clarifying all of that and ruling things out in your last post! If 2.0 WM has nothing in it when I finally get it, I think I'll just accept it was most likely an accidental release and move on to trying to see if I can insert a jerry rigged version--well, if I have time. Also, thank you for the updated info about DLL readers!

Furthermore, our efforts have borne fruit! I don't know if it was you, or some other reader, but the Wiki page for PoE has changed I noticed, and it has since been updated by someone to verify there is no way in game to access the Sky Dragon mercy path. Was it coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it. So I'll stick to thinking that some value has thus far been gained here! And hopefully there is still more to be gained... Again... Assuming I have the time.

Cheers!

Edited by CeruleanClouds
  • Like 1

Don't worry about the time, I find your commitment already quite remarkable, I think I would've already given up and just accepted the current state.

Furthermore, our efforts have borne fruit! I don't know if it was you, or some other reader, but the Wiki page for PoE has changed I noticed, and it has since been updated by someone to verify there is no way in game to access the Sky Dragon mercy path. Was it coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Very nice, it definetely wasn't me so I guess someone else is actually reading all or some of it.

Good luck on your further testing.

@Tagazielis monitoring the PoE and Deadfire forums I guess. 

Sometimes - when stuff is discussed here and the wiki gets altered shortly after - it was me. Not this time though. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, ekt0 said:

So, in summary, you can't have a dragon pet in POE 2 unless you create a custom history save file ?

You can get the Sky Dragon Wurmling in several ways:

1. Don't kill the Sky Dragon in PoE. This is easy: just let it live there in the nest and don't attack it.

2. If you still want to attack the Sky Dragon, make sure you kill the Sky Dragon Wurm, too. This should also lead to the Sky Dragon Wurm pet appearing in PoE2.

3. Create a custom history.

4. Use a console command in PoE2 to set one or both of those variables. 

I think it's hard NOT to get the Sky Dragon Wurm pet - because most people playing PoE either do not kill the Dragon+Wurm and let them live in peace, or if they do attack them, they kill the Wurm as well as the Dragons. Both will unlock the pet in PoE2.

Besides that there are two other wurm pets that you can pick up no matter your PoE history:

Desert Wurm, Obsidian Wurm

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods