Xoti's Quest Spoils Main Quest [Spoiler]

Kapten Teo

Question

Hello!

I hope this is is an appropriate place to bring this up - it's not a bug per se, but possibly an oversight.

Basically, I'm at the point of the story where the Watcher has figured out they can track Eothas using the adra pillars. The main quest objective is to speak to the Queen in Neketaka. The Watcher still doesn't know why Eothas is gathering up all this energy from the pillars; it's still unknown what his ultimate goal is.

Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those players who spends hours and hours doing everything but the main quest in a game like this. Among the quests I was able to more or less complete, was Xoti's The Lantern of Gaun, and once that is concluded (for the moment), both parts of the quest dialogue itself and the quest log seems to spoil for me what Eothas' plans are.

I've attached a screenshot of said log, where it says clearly what Eothas intends to do. It's improbable that I've missed this piece of information before this stage of the main quest (and the Watcher normally acts as if they still don't know what Eothas is really up to). Either way, I felt a bit cheated after this quest. 

post-105884-0-66856900-1526027079_thumb.png

• Like 3

8 answers to this question

Yeah, they have TONS of problems with quest dialogue spoiling stuff or talking about people you haven't met. Their quest triggers/dialogue are royally screwed.

I'd have MUCH rather had certain places locked/gated so that I couldn't just ****ing walk up to where Eothas is before learning **** about the main story. Like, I literally found him and have a quest to talk to him and i've not done any of the quests that Neketaka gives to go other places.

Just happened to me. Dialogue also forces you to pick an option that might not make sense depending on your character. (Give the souls of the dead to the animancers? really? I haven't even met them yet in the game outside of the starting island).

I think the quest is likely progressing way faster than it's supposed to (like a lot of companion stuff apparently).

Edited by Cherudek

Yep, she's bugged to have that dialogue about dumping souls from her lantern to the adra pillar/animancers way too early. It literally spoils what Eothas is going to do with the Wheel even if you didn't progress through the main plot to know it. This dialogue should only be available after Ashen Maw, I think.

Sorry for reviving this, but I'm currently playing the game again on patch 4.1.2, and this quest is showing similar issues. I haven't even been to Hasongo yet, but I've managed to progress deep enough into Xoti's quest that I've just had the dialogue about dumping souls into an adra pillar, and if you propose the animancers as an option, Xoti will speak openly about Eothas' intentions. The way this dialogue reads out, it seems to me that it should be intended to occur after Ashen Maw, or at least at a point where we know what Eothas is up to.

I think this is a pretty important bug, because while it doesn't break the game per se it does spoil the eventual reveal of what Eothas is up to.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden