Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jason Seow Watercolor Portrait Updates

jason seow watercolor portrait portraits updates deadfire PoEII

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kavinsky

Kavinsky

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Jason Seow was one of the portrait artists for Pillars 1, and he made a number of additional character portraits that weren't officially included in the game.  They're available for download here http://www.jasonseow.com/poeportraits/ , and I'd like to update them with watercolor counterparts so they can be properly used in Pillars 2.  

I've sifted through both of the other Portrait threads and gathered what ones have already been made.  I'll maintain a list of what ones lack watercolor iterations so they can be downloaded piecemeal until people with the means and talent put the others together. 

Once they're all complete I'll make a cohesive .zip with the full color portraits for people to use.  In the mean time, here's the list.

COMPLETE

Eothasian Paladin

Attached File  cpdfJxs.png   35.63KB   11 downloads Attached File  EoHrVlq.png   22.77KB   5 downloads

Female Death Godlike

Attached File  2Ki0GEM.png   35.43KB   4 downloads Attached File  d7mbt89.png   22.28KB   1 downloads

Female Moon Godlike

Attached File  CyhCgmK.png   151.8KB   5 downloads Attached File  4sNUX1t.png   123.18KB   1 downloads

Female Ocean Human

Attached File  RqGhrR8.png   37.19KB   4 downloads Attached File  H2NUT55.png   23.5KB   3 downloads

Female Wild Orlan 

Attached File  62izcSQ.png   35.64KB   4 downloads Attached File  RdDmdf2.png   22.31KB   1 downloads

Male Savannah Human

Attached File  Oq4ig4a.png   40.11KB   5 downloads Attached File  c15u145.png   25.39KB   0 downloads

Male Coastal Aumaua

Attached File  YVWpZnQ.png   33.36KB   4 downloads Attached File  WO0R34k.png   21.4KB   0 downloads

Lord Sawyer

Attached File  post-46910-0-09457000-1525910059.png   30.32KB   4 downloadsAttached File  post-46910-0-36550500-1525910059.png   19.11KB   2 downloads

Male Death Godlike

Attached File  Male Death Godlike Convo.jpg   45.24KB   4 downloads Attached File  Male Death Godlike jsi.jpg   40.15KB   2 downloads

INCOMPLETE

Frog-Helm Knight

Attached File  male_human_l2_froghelm_sm.png   17.3KB   2 downloads

Male Ocean Human

Attached File  male_human_g_ocean_brigandine_sm.png   15.28KB   2 downloads

Female Savannah Human

Attached File  female_human_savannah2_mascaraversion_sm.png   17.83KB   1 downloads

Male Grove Human 01

Attached File  male_human_b5_sm.png   16.32KB   2 downloads

Male Grove Human 02

Attached File  male_human_bjorn4_sm.png   16.29KB   2 downloads

Update #1.  Lord Sawyer completed courtesy of illathid.

Update #2.  Male Death Godlike completed courtesy of myself.

Edited by Kavinsky, 10 May 2018 - 12:32 PM.

• Leferd, Skie Nightfall, acrimony and 6 others like this

Jayngo

Jayngo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Nice! Thanks for these! I'm not a fan of the watercolor portraits so far. I like to add additional portraits to the game and the watercolor decision is throwing off the immersion when it comes to normal portraits, so this thread and others out there really help!

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1550 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

A pity we can't use the female Death Godlike anymore, since the game model has changed. :(

illathid

illathid

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:illathid
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I've tried doing a water color version of the sawyer portrait but it's not turning out well.

EDIT: Turns out I just couldn't follow the GIMP method. Photoshop worked much better.

Attached File  male_human_f_jes_convo.png   30.32KB   9 downloadsAttached File  male_human_f_jes_SI.png   19.11KB   9 downloads

Edited by illathid, 09 May 2018 - 03:54 PM.

• Koth and Kavinsky like this

Koth

Koth

Arch Prelate of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I've tried doing a water color version of the sawyer portrait but it's not turning out well.

EDIT: Turns out I just couldn't follow the GIMP method. Photoshop worked much better.

attachicon.gifmale_human_f_jes_convo.pngattachicon.gifmale_human_f_jes_SI.png

awesome work! thx. Thinking of using this for my fanatic. His expression lends it self well to the impartial / stoic goldpact knight side of the build.

Edited by Koth, 09 May 2018 - 04:25 PM.

• illathid likes this

illathid

illathid

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:illathid
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

awesome work! thx. Thinking of using this for my fanatic. His expression lends it self well to the impartial / stoic goldpact knight side of the build.

yeah, this was the portrait I used for my sheildbearer in PoE, so I kept looking to see if anyone had done it. Finally couldn't put off any more so i made it myself. XD

Kavinsky

Kavinsky

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Great work with these, I'll update the post now.

julian.strozi

julian.strozi

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Could somebody do the male ocean human please?

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3115 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Could somebody do the male ocean human please?

Won't be a need, Jason Seow has posted to his own blog that he will be officially making water color versions of all these portraits himself.

Skie Nightfall

Skie Nightfall

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Oh awesome!! The female Orlan I've been using ^.^

Thanks for this :)

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3115 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Uh as an update, like I said in the earlier post, Jason Seow was going to make official watercolor versions himself.  They are now available on his site.  If you want "unofficial" you can still use these, but I have looked at his and they match the in game watercolor style pretty much perfectly.  The edits in this thread are good, but they are not consistent with the official in game water colors.

He also drastically improved one of his older portraits, looks much better now.

Edited by Karkarov, 04 August 2018 - 01:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jason, seow, watercolor, portrait, portraits, updates, deadfire, PoEII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users