How do you import a character from PoE 1?

Yeah, it won't show up initially from the options before starting a game (at least for me), but prior to creating your character, it will detect your PoE1 save file if it's still in its default location in game when talking to a certain someone.

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

I am unable to import old save games.. I have PoE1 on a different hard drive. Where are the save files and where do I need to have them for them to be recognized. I assumed they would just be in Documents or something similar.

I am unable to import old save games.. I have PoE1 on a different hard drive. Where are the save files and where do I need to have them for them to be recognized. I assumed they would just be in Documents or something similar.

I have my steam folders on a different hard drive to the main documents save file.

So if for eg you have windows - go to the main drive its installed on, usually C - Users - (your name) - saved games - should be in here

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

Hm, can't seem to get this working. Pillars 1 is on "D:" and Pillars 2 is on drive "E:" while all the save files for both games are in "C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\" but PoE2 cannot find anything.