Are you addicted to video games? (Kinda personal IK)

Tanjaxxx

I wish I could be addicted, but my back and knees can't take sitting at the computer for long stretches of time anymore. Old age and all that.

Yup, there's some of that these days. And aging eyes (bifocal age, bah). Which is why controller + bigger TV to sit farther away has more appeal to me now, whether it's PC attached to TV or actual console. Recliners or lounging on a bed surrounded by pillows, baby.

And not being very interested in the direction/style of most "modern" gaming and/or reaching the point where most games feel too familiar (genre fatigue).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I use to be, but now I am very selective about purchases and play very few games.  Typically, I only play cRPGs, Metroidvanias, Roguelikes, and an occasional shooter (Titanfall is the only one I buy anymore).  Oh, and Tekken (with friends).  Some weeks I don't play any games, and others I play less than an hour a day.  However, with Deadfire around the corner I will likely play a bit more than normal when it launches. 

The last few years I have stuck mostly to indie games.  Things like Hyper Light Drifter, Dead Cells, or so on. 

That said, I have other hobbies so not playing video games is pretty easy. 

• Like 1