Hi Guys, I hope you can help me with a building wish I have for a long time.

My most loved class in all RPG Games and Mmorpgs was the Herald of Xotli: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Herald_of_Xotli

Its a Melee, 2h Sword wielding Mage with robes, a lot of Fire Magic and can transform in a demon. The Transformation Part is the most difficult one and least important.

With all the subclasses and Multiclasses would it be possible to Play a melee fire mage with swords and be ok in ingame strengh?

Maybe Priest of Magran/Warrior or Warrior/Evoker.

Thanks!

Lots of options, really.

Transumuter Wizards can shift into an Ogre, but they lose access to Evocation casting, so not much fire magic there. 

Druids have both transformations and fire magic-- consider a Shifter there.

A base-class Wizard can't transform but has lots of self-buff options for self-buffs, defense, and summoned weapons.  The summoned weapons, though, are not swords.  I wouldn't recommend specializing as an Evoker, though.  It'd help your fire damage out, but you lose Conjuration, which is pretty important for a gishy wizard (Arcane Veil, summoned weapons).

Magranites aren't technically "mages," but they get a powerful sword-and-pistol loadout with their Spiritual Weapon and have access to lots of fire damage spells. 

All of the above make for pretty good multi-classing with melee damage classes.  Paladin, Monk, Barbarian, Fighter, Rogue.

Personally, it sounds to me like the flavor you're looking for is a Magran-Helwalker Contemplative.  (Helwalker is a Monk subclass that gains MIG-- boosting weapon and spell damage-- as they gain Wounds.)

goldpact knight/shifter is a fun combo and gets much o' what you want.

can't turn into a demon, but can turn into a golden bear-demon, and/or some other animal totem, with flame-enhanced natural attacks further supplemented by paladin flamey abilities such as fod and shining beacon.  also, as enoch noted, druids have access to numerous powerful flame abilities.

is nothing to prevent your liberator from wearing robes when in human form and when shifted into hybrid animal form, worn armour is effective supplanted by the natural armour o' the critter shape. in fact, poe deflection and armour is a bit odd at the moment. as a paladin you will likely have one o' the better deflection ratings in your party.  take deep faith and hands of light along with a decent resolve and wearing a robe will nevertheless leave you almost unassailable due to high deflection.

benefits:

whole lotta flame damage 

a powerful golden animal hybrid form

is a strong multiclass build which allows for potent casting and weapon damage.

negatives:

returning storm (particular when empowered) is good enough that it would be difficult for Gromnir to recommend foregoing such a talent for pure aesthetic reasons. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps in one o' the developer twitch plays o' the beta, a liberator (paladin/druid) were utilized.  might be worth looking for the twitch session to see if is the kinda thing which might appeal to you.  

pps we played through the beta with an ascetic (druid/monk) which were lighting focused 'posed to fire.  were fun and potent.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Wow thanks everyone :) thats a bunch of good ideas! And I especially like the magranite/helwalker Version!

helwalker warning:  the malus for helwalker is increased damage received per wound. 

helwalkers require more micromanagement than most classes.  am personal considering playing a helwalker/priest of eothas for our first playthrough o' deadfire and as such have tested variations o' the build rather extensive.  have personally tested every contemplative, templar and votary combo, though am admitted having only taken a brief look at bleak walker combos, and we do enjoy helwalkers.  however, the helwalker malus means your character at 10 wounds is taking 50% more damage.  even in the beta the helwaker drawback can lead to instadeath situations when facing mooks at veteran level difficulty.  (am curious to be seeing how we will keep a melee helwalker functioning during a lengthy potd dragon battle.)  on the positive side, contemplatives and votaries is ideal helwalker combos 'cause o' the ability to self heal.  if you could target self with shieldbearer's lay-on-hands, such a thing would be fantastic... but you can't.  even so, as a priest of magran you should be able to self heal to mitigate the extra damage you will be suffering. 

if you need a great sword wielder or melee helwalker, consider boosting constitution a bit.  am also gonna recommend the mountain dwarf race, though such might conflict with your character build aesthetic.  mountain dwarf racial offers resistance to constitution afflictions.  constitution afflictions limit or even prevent received healing.  as a helwalker you do not wanna suffer a constitution affliction. watchful presence and barring death's door is important priestly heals worth considering even if you wanna maximize your flamey potential.  similarly, blade turning, a monk ability which allows you to complete avoid and even redirect incoming melee damage for a short time, is quasi-essential for a helwalker... particularly a melee helwalker. alchemy is the mostest powerful o' the active skills at the moment.  potency o' already highly efficacious potions significant increases with levels o' alchemy.  even so, athletics offers a 1-per-encounter heal, which bolstered by your helwalker heightened might will be a literal life saver. the colonist background available to numerous cultures offers a skill bonus to alchemy, athletics and survival-- good choice from a mechanics pov.  am personal gonna choose background for dialog potential as 'posed to power, but colonist is a fantastic gameplay option for a helwalker contemplative.

have fun with the helwalker/priest of magran. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

As a Helwalker/Priest of Berath (or whatever god) you can make use of Barring Death's Door. This would work well with a Death Godlike since his racial ability kicks in when he's low on endurance. Death Goldlikes' can look like demons... especially if you pick the Aumaua body shape.

I sad Berath just because of the summoned great sword.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods