How are weapons upgraded?

daven

Is the upgrade/enchantment system exactly the same as the first game?

It always bothered me that your characters instantly new how to upgrade weapons and apply lashes and what have you. Would be more interesting to find recipes through quests or whatever.

• Like 1

nowt

Enchanting System has been completly revised for Deadfire, but it has not been fully presented yet.

Something we know is that :

• A Flamesword can Evolve her "Flaming Properties", like Propagation or Immolate an Ennemy. [things like that, but not necessarily what I mentionned here]
  • Technically, I believe Josh said that : Every Weapon you find, CAN'T be a Flaming Weapon. Meaning if you just find a regular sword, it seems that you can't make it a Flamingsword. If you like Fire, you'll have to find it first & then evolve it as you want. [Weapons like this are kind of "Unique", you know]

More infos are in the Q&A Session on Obsidian's Youtube Channel, but it will take you some time to watch'em all. :)

But that's what I understood from what Josh said about Enchanting so far.

Edited by DexGames
  • Like 2

Same applies for quality enchantments. At least from what we know so far. Maybe it will change. So you wont be able to evolve quality enchantment beyond one upgrade. Low level weapons will not be able to become legendary. If your flaming sword is has a fine you will not be able to become better than exceptional and since there maybe no other flaming sword you will have to settle for other weapons if your character expected you use that one for aesthetics, build, or role playing swords. I really hope this wont be the case with quality enchantments. At least thats what was said in Q&A sessions. Things could be different now. The more unique property itemization it all good just let the quality stuff keep up.