Deadfire will not launch

JFutral

Question

Okay, so I am officially making this a support issue. I am running the latest Deadfire build via Steam on a Macbook Pro with os X.12.6 with an external monitor.

As of yesterday I can't get Deadfire to launch. Steam launches, the PoE II window starts, although black instead of the usual white, and then exits to the Steam app after a short period.

I'm not entirely sure how to troubleshoot the issue since I haven't (knowingly) changed anything from the previous to yesterday when it worked fine. And PoE I is working fine, too. So i can't tell if this is a Deadfire issue, a Steam issue, or an OS issue.

I guess i am the only one with this problem else others would be chiming in in my other thread or here.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

11 answers to this question

Well, I just tried an experiment and went straight to the PoE II executable and bypassed the Steam app and it launches fine. The problem is definitely with the Steam app.

I didn't even know I could launch the game this way. Sweet.

Joe

• Like 1

Hey all!

Sorry this issue is occurring for you all, this isn't replicated in house so I was tricked into thinking it was ok :(. If any of you could try launching it through steam, and then exit the application and get me a .log file Id really appreciate it!

Finder->Go->Go to Folder-> "~/Library/Logs/Unity/"

Let me know if this path works for you. As explained above, you can load locally if you go to steam, then right click or apple+click PoE2 BB and go to Properties, Then select LOCAL FILES > Browse Local Files... 

Feel free to add those here or message me directly, and of course any other questions of concerns you have. Or heck, if you having a bad day just vent I'm here for ya.

Thanks!

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Well, I just tried an experiment and went straight to the PoE II executable and bypassed the Steam app and it launches fine. The problem is definitely with the Steam app.

I didn't even know I could launch the game this way. Sweet.

Joe

Thank you for the help! It is much appreciated

Ok, I just posted in https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95765-mac-crash-on-boot-when-loaded-from-steam/, asking for a fix, and it looks like its been resolved. So I was confused, cause we definitely did not push any updates and I was wondering if a silent update DID go through.

Here's what looks like happened:

There was a naming conventioned used that was confusing mac (-steam), and any time it ran through steam it didnt know what to do. It was removed yesterday, but it wouldnt push through unless steam was closed, or take a long time to update.

This is the only thing that really changed, so if you guys continue to have issue, please let me know! Sorry for the inconvenience, but sweet that it's working out :)

You the best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I cannot start a new game on my mac at all. I was having the problem described above, but this is a whole new level of the game not working on a mac. I posted a play log on the topic I created but It doesn't seem to have popped up on the forum. I would leave one here too since it looks like a developer is reading this thread, but I don't see the button to do an attachment