Disciplined strikes + Swift Flurry = balance issue

Climhazzard

Question

0XsciT9.jpg

Well...   swift flurry procs that crit are able to proc additional swift flurry hits, so that's an issue.  Additionally, disciplined strikes with Hearth Orlan give's you a 60% hit to crit conversion which is what enables this to happen.

Something to consider anyhow.

I'd like to note I was using dual spears which are the only one handed weapon set at 3.0 recovery and my watcher still did 10x more damage in this fight then the next best which was the rogue using dual stilettos.

Edited by Climhazzard

8 answers to this question

Heya Climhazzard,

This is actually a pretty awesome find. It seems like a lot of fun!

I'll add it to our database so a designer can take a look and adjust the numbers if need be, as it does seem preeeeeetty strong.

Thanks for posting it! I'm gonna make a build around it to test just how broken it can get =)

• Like 3

I try my very best.

other example o' a crit exploit of swift flurry, but with a shadowdancer.

post-72-0-76411400-1511149950_thumb.jpg

am disliking shadowdancer name, so am calling this orlan avatar of death a shadowfist.  helwalker/streetfighter.

HA! Good Fun!

ps this were not an optimized build.  

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Did you guys try out if this also works with monk/barbarian - or to be more precise: Swift Flurry + Carnage crits? I was thinking about Helwalker/Berserker or something. ;)

Originally the idea for this came from thinking that a interrupting strikes and enervating blows would be cool in the same build together.  But then I noticed the hit to crit conversion on disciplined strikes and just went with fighter/monk for swift flurry procs.  I didn't check to see if swift flurry works with carnage though.

I too think that making it so swift flurry can't trigger swift flurry again would fix the problem.  Wouldn't be to much stronger than lightning strikes normally, and weaker against high deflection opponents when your output counts the most anyways.

• Like 2

I tried to do this with Swift Flurry + Berserker Frenzy. They suppress each other. With Swift Flurry alone I can crit and then get another attack but not chaining them together as I was not criting all the time.

When your normal hit gets upgraded to a crit via Frenzy you don't get another attack.

This might be due to the speed buffs cancelling each other out while the fighter's disciplined strikes works fine with swift flurry.