Marking, Sworn Enemy, Flames of Devotion and the Sea of Death

So...I finally stuck with that Chanter like you guys recommended....and its GREAT.  The party has a ridiculous amount of AOE its just PURE hurt in all directions.  Thing is the usual good abilities like Marking, Sworn Enemy and FoD are mehish in most fights as everything just melts thanks to my mass AOE.  By the time I cast a sworn enemy and FoD Charge and the rain of AOE has done the work.  Do you guys think those three abilities will still shine against hard targets like dragons?  

Kana - Dragon Thrashed Dragon Wailed

PC Paladin- Sacred Immolation   

Eder- Charge DW DPS

Hiravious- Bat **** Storm build

Aloth- Debuffs and Blights

Durance- Buff ACC and Defense other AOE Priest effects.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Hm... I still think FoD is useful against annoying enemies like casters who stand in the back row and usually don't get touched immediately by Dragon Thrashed. You can kill them even before they can finish one single spell. But I use two arquebuses and maybe even a third one with Runner's WS and don't try to do melee FoD attacks because of the reasons you describe. So yeah, maybe melee FoD is a bit underwhelming once you use Sacred Immolation + Dragon Thrashed + Relentless Storm.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So...I finally stuck with that Chanter like you guys recommended....and its GREAT.  The party has a ridiculous amount of AOE its just PURE hurt in all directions.  Thing is the usual good abilities like Marking, Sworn Enemy and FoD are mehish in most fights as everything just melts thanks to my mass AOE.  By the time I cast a sworn enemy and FoD Charge and the rain of AOE has done the work.  Do you guys think those three abilities will still shine against hard targets like dragons?  

Eder- Charge DW DPS

I find FoD still useful - but perhaps not so much with an apparently tanking Paladin as you have. I didn't use Sworn Enemy at all except in Dragon fights, because - as you said - stuff died too fast.

So...I finally stuck with that Chanter like you guys recommended....and its GREAT. The party has a ridiculous amount of AOE its just PURE hurt in all directions. Thing is the usual good abilities like Marking, Sworn Enemy and FoD are mehish in most fights as everything just melts thanks to my mass AOE. By the time I cast a sworn enemy and FoD Charge and the rain of AOE has done the work. Do you guys think those three abilities will still shine against hard targets like dragons?

Eder- Charge DW DPS

I find FoD still useful - but perhaps not so much with an apparently tanking Paladin as you have. I didn't use Sworn Enemy at all except in Dragon fights, because - as you said - stuff died too fast.

Agree those fights matter the most and it's good then.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I just like Sworn Enemy because it also works with spell bindings - like Whisper of Treason. Crit-charming Dragons in order to get rid of the ads is so much fun. ;)

And of course it's a great "kill that guy quickly" ability.

That being said I never was a big fan of superdefensive paladins - just not my playstyle - so I'm biased towards the offensive stuff. 

• Like 2

I just like Sworn Enemy because it also works with spell bindings - like Whisper of Treason. Crit-charming Dragons in order to get rid of the ads is so much fun. ;)

That being said I never was a big fan of superdefensive paladins - just not my playstyle - so I'm biased towards the offensive stuff. 

WTF? You can Charm Dragons?!!!

Oh I agree I guess there really isn't anything else to take unless you go super defense which if you are the last guy alive is useless.

Have gun will travel.

All but one.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

All but one.

Yikes. So I guess they are easy even in PotD? Which one can I not Charm?

Charming a dragon also heals him a bit (don't ask me why). So I only use it to have time for excessive buffing and for removing the ads. 

Edit: one of the two bog dragons can't be charmed - but that's ok because the other can be charmed and all the attention switches to him. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2