freedom in KOTOR II

I feel you are restricted in the game, I mean, you play your own character so you should be able to decide for what to do. For instance you could attack anyone you'd like, but you'd carry responsibility for what you do, for instance you could break the plot and you'd have to go back in a savegame. Or if you kill someone innocent, you will get the local authority chasing you.

Also didn't like the fact that at some point in the game you'd be forced to surrender, like on Manaan, I mean at that point I was strong enough to take em all on anyway. Or on the levithian where you got captured. There may be very much guys that you maybe can't handle, but I think the game should give you the choice yourself for what to do.

I hope they add dialogue options that mean instant game over.

"Put down your weapons and come peacefully."

[Oh, okay.]

[You'll never take me alive!] - Game Over - reload.

That'd add sooooo much to the feel of the game.

</sarcasm>

As for the attacking anyone.. Not a single time did I feel the need to hack up john doe Selkath man. I mean, if I would be able to attack person X, next time I might want to take person Y out to dinner. Or use the force to wipe Person Zs mind to make him forget he'd already paid me.

Attacking people at random isn't roleplaying.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Also didn't like the fact that at some point in the game you'd be forced to surrender, like on Manaan, I mean at that point I was strong enough to take em all on anyway. Or on the levithian where you got captured. There may be very much guys that you maybe can't handle, but I think the game should give you the choice yourself for what to do.

Yeah we know you're powerful and everything but you can't take on a whole planet.

being able to killl any one did not kill fallout or fallout 2 it enhanced it.

True, but this is Star Wars...i doubt they'll enable you to kill innocents in this game, but there were tons of other freedoms you had in Fallout series that made it such a great game. KOTOR 2 could always use some of those

Yeah we know you're powerful and everything but you can't take on a whole planet.

you are stupid, trying to make fun of me. I don't care. Any reasonable person would know that's not what I meant.

And I did not mean attack random people, but sometimes I (my character) feels the need to attack someone that deserves it. I Roleplay 99% of all times. All I'm suggesting is give the freedom in roleplaying.

I'd like to be able to attack anyone. it's ur own character after all, ur not asuming someone elses role. Ur not playing as so and so

Yep, that's what I mean...basicly.

Just the idea of allowing so much freedom in a game like KOTOR is stupid. Ugh allowing the PC to murder anyone and everyone is stupid. Plz don't make another Morrowind ehh besides like I said if u allow people to kill anyone it destroys the entire plot.

Did you even read what the creator of this thread had to say about killing random people?

I feel you are restricted in the game, I mean, you play your own character so you should be able to decide for what to do. For instance you could attack anyone you'd like, but you'd carry responsibility for what you do, for instance you could break the plot and you'd have to go back in a savegame. Or if you kill someone innocent, you will get the local authority chasing you.

What he says makes perfect sense. You can kill anyone you want, but if it interfers with the plot, then you'd have to go back to your last saved game and retry. And mind you, not everyone on KOTOR had something to do with the progression of the story, example, random people walking around that shares the same lines as the other random people walking around and having names like Taris Citizen or Manaan Citizen.

Catch my drift?

I wanted to slaughter the selkath. I'd like to be able to pick a fight with more people(maybe not all since that could kill the game). I'd have liked to go back to mann after I fell to teach them a lesson....

so you take on a whole planet, right? first thing that happens is: selkath authorities will ground your ship. they'll lock down the hangar bay, put force fields all over the place and swarm the place with combat droids

next thing that will happen is: selkath patrols will start looking for you- no problem with all those little security droids flying around. once they have located you, they will effectively shut down the section of the station you are in. then they will simply flood it.

end of story.

come on, guys- this is a computer game. you want roleplaying? call your friends over for a session.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

I wanted to slaughter the selkath. I'd like to be able to pick a fight with more people(maybe not all since that could kill the game). I'd have liked to go back to mann after I fell to teach them a lesson....

so you take on a whole planet, right? first thing that happens is: selkath authorities will ground your ship. they'll lock down the hangar bay, put force fields all over the place and swarm the place with combat droids

next thing that will happen is: selkath patrols will start looking for you- no problem with all those little security droids flying around. once they have located you, they will effectively shut down the section of the station you are in. then they will simply flood it.

end of story.

come on, guys- this is a computer game. you want roleplaying? call your friends over for a session.

Ah but thats the beauty of Mann and the Selkath. They have only one city. All I have to do is shut down the city's power and their blind. All their leader are located in a central unguarded location. By the time I got to Mann I could slaughter that group with only Juhani as a bodyguard. Now they are leaderless. This leaves me with some free time to handle any remaining sith, enslave the civilians, and to either hire or kill the mercenaries. That done I must prepare for any Selkath response. I line the perimeter of the city with sonic barriers and dump spice and any other poison on hand into the surrounding sea.

From this base and a more secure Ebon Hawk or a stolen Pre-stardestroyer in orbit I'd launch patrols to hunt for selkath, spread poison, and collect any of that healing substance we could

I have no friends that roleplay...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (