Honestly there's no dragon much harder than the other, they are just surrounded by different "ads".

That's what makes Llengrath the hardest dragon fight and it's not because of 2 dragons. :p

@Boeroer

In the original game the Adra Dragon was not fire immune as far as I remember it just had a DR of 48 (like Cail).

So a level 9 6 chanter party might have burned it as quickly. :p

The Adra Dragon was one of the bosses of the original game which was capped at lvl 12. So if you're lvl 16 it's actually pretty easy to kill.

You can enchant everything with the usual enchantments like fine/exceptional and lashes. You will get plenty of resources and can afford to enchant somethin sell it later. Lashes are very powerful as well as accuracy. Accuracy is actually the most important thing in PoE.

But which Lash is best? And which Slaying?

Skip slaying, it only blocks points for the good enchantments. Lashes: just mix the lashes in your party like you want. Just don't do 6 times the same lash. Paladins with Flames of Devotions might want to get burning lashes.
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The Adra Dragon was one of the bosses of the original game which was capped at lvl 12. So if you're lvl 16 it's actually pretty easy to kill.

You can enchant everything with the usual enchantments like fine/exceptional and lashes. You will get plenty of resources and can afford to enchant somethin sell it later. Lashes are very powerful as well as accuracy. Accuracy is actually the most important thing in PoE.

But which Lash is best? And which Slaying?

Skip slaying, it only blocks points for the good enchantments. Lashes: just mix the lashes in your party like you want. Just don't do 6 times the same lash. Paladins with Flames of Devotions might want to get burning lashes.

Got it! Thanks as usual! You are really generous! ;)

• Like 1

@Raven Darkholme

Those are pretty entertaining footage. Makes me remember when I first encountered it in my first playthrough and he basically opened with a breath attack and 1 shot 2 of my guys. Seeing that is a bit of a role reversal lol

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

@Raven Darkholme

Those are pretty entertaining footage. Makes me remember when I first encountered it in my first playthrough and he basically opened with a breath attack and 1 shot 2 of my guys. Seeing that is a bit of a role reversal lol

So how do these Chanters survive being in the middle of the firing line so long? Do they have special defensive spells?

They all use weapon & shield style which gives them high deflection and reflex and they all have Veteran's Recovery + Ancient Memory + Beloved Spirits (stacks, so it's 6 times AM + BL for every party member), paired with healing bonus from survival which leads to an impressive regeneration of endurance. They can only die from loss of health - that's why he keeps drinking a potion of "Infuse with Vital Essence": it heals health.

On top of that he drinks potions of Llengrath's Displaced Image which gives him even more deflection and reflex. If he's in danger to catch afflictions (from andragans for example) he uses a scoll of Prayer against X.

That's my educated guess. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Yeah mostly what Boeroer says but most of those things are only neccessary for really hard fights like the high level bounties.

My stats are distributed in a way that my base deflection, fort and reflex is around 100/120/100 (not exactly but +/-) and with Llengrath they are all around 120.

On top of that I get +10 for all defenses from the chants and +30 pt damage shield in combat and if I use it another +10 to all defenses thru Moonwell.

I get +20 to will and massive bonuses vs charm and terrified, but I totally ignore will stats wise, since an early White March item makes you immune to charm and dominate if you use it and a level 2 scroll which is easily mass produced makes you immune to fear.

2 of my chars also have looped rope (Helwax Mold :p) for +20 to most defenses.

If my party wasn't 1,5 years old (I took a long break) but created today they would all be Coastal Aumauas for another +20 to stun and prone defense.

• Like 1

Idk when it's usually fought, since I usually solo which pretty much guarantees early level 9, while I grinded all bounties available in Act 2 to get to 9 with the party before I fight the drake, since I wanted to see it burn. :p

If you are asking how early you could kill it I'd assume level 4-5 would be reasonable on potd with pretty much any party including 6 chanters. :p

Oh, so that is not an end-game dragon?

I cannot believe people solo this game when I am struggling so badly on normal. I really must be doing something wrong.

Do you enchant everything and continue to upgrade those enchants - and do you abuse consumables? Any early game, newb advice would be appreciated.

I believe the path to success is learning what defenses your enemy has and learning what attack types they use. Then you juggle equipment/spell selections accordingly.

For example the Shadows in the Eothan Temple in Gilded Vale. Casting Bulwark versus the Elements makes your Wizard much sturdier versus their attacks and able to engage in Melee so he can then cast Fan of Flames to easily destroy them. Read the Beastiary, it helps.

• Like 2

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

They all use weapon & shield style which gives them high deflection and reflex and they all have Veteran's Recovery + Ancient Memory + Beloved Spirits (stacks, so it's 6 times AM + BL for every party member), paired with healing bonus from survival which leads to an impressive regeneration of endurance. They can only die from loss of health - that's why he keeps drinking a potion of "Infuse with Vital Essence": it heals health.

On top of that he drinks potions of Llengrath's Displaced Image which gives him even more deflection and reflex. If he's in danger to catch afflictions (from andragans for example) he uses a scoll of Prayer against X.

But this kind of power does not come without Chanter stacks, right? I don't want to use more than 1 of each class (2 at most, but if then with different builds), so I don't know how strong Chanters are individually. Can they, say, replace a DPS Fighter or a tank Fighter?

Idk when it's usually fought, since I usually solo which pretty much guarantees early level 9, while I grinded all bounties available in Act 2 to get to 9 with the party before I fight the drake, since I wanted to see it burn. :p

If you are asking how early you could kill it I'd assume level 4-5 would be reasonable on potd with pretty much any party including 6 chanters. :p

I cannot believe people solo this game when I am struggling so badly on normal. I really must be doing something wrong.

Do you enchant everything and continue to upgrade those enchants - and do you abuse consumables? Any early game, newb advice would be appreciated.

I believe the path to success is learning what defenses your enemy has and learning what attack types they use. Then you juggle equipment/spell selections accordingly.

For example the Shadows in the Eothan Temple in Gilded Vale. Casting Bulwark versus the Elements makes your Wizard much sturdier versus their attacks and able to engage in Melee so he can then cast Fan of Flames to easily destroy them. Read the Beastiary, it helps.

I've heard that; but that kind of "gaming" is way too much micro-management for me unfortunately. Besides, will you have enough crafting material to enchant that many weapons and armor?

But this kind of power does not come without Chanter stacks, right? I don't want to use more than 1 of each class (2 at most, but if then with different builds), so I don't know how strong Chanters are individually. Can they, say, replace a DPS Fighter or a tank Fighter?

A chanter individually is super strong and stacking dragon chant also works with one chanter, but ofc only twice (or three times with maxed brisk recitation and 30+ IN).

Only class which has more dps than a chanter is the barbarian, but the chanter can keep up the same dps forever and basically be idle while it happens, while the barbarian has the most dps at combat start.

• Like 1

A chanter individually is super strong and stacking dragon chant also works with one chanter, but ofc only twice (or three times with maxed brisk recitation and 30+ IN).

Only class which has more dps than a chanter is the barbarian, but the chanter can keep up the same dps forever and basically be idle while it happens, while the barbarian has the most dps at combat start.

Dammit, you going to ensure that I will do a second playthrough! ;)

P.S. How the heck do you quote only the person/post you want to reply to? This forum is a bit more cumbersome in terms of quoting/replying...

Dammit, you going to ensure that I will do a second playthrough! ;)

P.S. How the heck do you quote only the person/post you want to reply to? This forum is a bit more cumbersome in terms of quoting/replying...

I just manually deleted the rest of the quote. ;)

@Raven Darkholme

So how do these Chanters survive being in the middle of the firing line so long? Do they have special defensive spells?

Raven and Boeroer explained it better than I could. Also observe the combat log. You can see that Silver Tide got triggered twice(?) after a breath attack. Sliver Tide is a moon godlike racial ability that aoe heals if HP reaches 75%/50%/25% thresholds once per encounter. The spike healing happens pretty quick so it would appear that the party never took the spike dmg in the first place.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

@Raven Darkholme

Raven and Boeroer explained it better than I could. Also observe the combat log. You can see that Silver Tide got triggered twice(?) after a breath attack. Sliver Tide is a moon godlike racial ability that aoe heals if HP reaches 75%/50%/25% thresholds once per encounter. The spike healing happens pretty quick so it would appear that the party never took the spike dmg in the first place.

So if you have 6 Moon Godlike Chanters than you are essentially immortal? ;)

I've heard that; but that kind of "gaming" is way too much micro-management for me unfortunately. Besides, will you have enough crafting material to enchant that many weapons and armor?

Yes, you get that many materials. Only the endgame weapons get limited chanting materials.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Well you can sustain for a pretty long time. Moon godlike is very strong especially in vanilla when head equipments were meh. I have tried a moon godlike monk with shod-in-faith and after that I never went that combination again as it was just too strong.

But it still will not be an immortal state. Silver tide is limited to 3 triggers per encounter per character. And there is the beauty of the health mechanics in which there are limited ways to recover (in combat, I think there is only one talent, and the infuse spell/potion can recover HP. Both which are limited. Might be wrong about the infuse effects though). Still the sustain is pretty good, and you would have time to deal enough dmg to kill.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

Moon godlike chanters were a mistake. :)

Endurance healing is never a problem because of stacking Ancient memory which you can even top of with Veteran's Recovery, Consecrated Ground, Moonwell.

Well you can sustain for a pretty long time. Moon godlike is very strong especially in vanilla when head equipments were meh. I have tried a moon godlike monk with shod-in-faith and after that I never went that combination again as it was just too strong.

But it still will not be an immortal state. Silver tide is limited to 3 triggers per encounter per character. And there is the beauty of the health mechanics in which there are limited ways to recover (in combat, I think there is only one talent, and the infuse spell/potion can recover HP. Both which are limited. Might be wrong about the infuse effects though). Still the sustain is pretty good, and you would have time to deal enough dmg to kill.

Is this the spell you are talking about?

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Infuse_With_Vital_Essence

If yes, then it seems to only increase Endurance temporarily - not restore Health. Or is Wiki outdated?

It heals health (or gives you extra health if it's already full) and doesn't exactly work like the tooltip or the description says. The health is not taken away afterwards. And it also works with healing bonuses from survival and items.

• Like 2

It heals health (or gives you extra health if it's already full) and doesn't exactly work like the tooltip or the description says. The health is not taken away afterwards. And it also works with healing bonuses from survival and items.

Ah, got it. I should definitely have them in stock then! ;)