Lucasarts site update

I really felt that Telos was an extremely underwhelming and somewhat disappointing update. I was more interested in gameplay mechanics and characters. We already knew that Telos was in the game. In fact, the first concept arts had Telos in them, we just didn't know it at the time. This is almost a re-release of press info, cept this time we get the added bonus of seeing a 4 minute video, albeit with some scenery we have seen before. Nonetheless, some update is better than none. I'm still waiting for the next big one.

I really felt that Telos was an extremely underwhelming and somewhat disappointing update. I was more interested in gameplay mechanics and characters. We already knew that Telos was in the game. In fact, the first concept arts had Telos in them, we just didn't know it at the time. This is almost a re-release of press info, cept this time we get the added bonus of seeing a 4 minute video, albeit with some scenery we have seen before. Nonetheless, some update is better than none. I'm still waiting for the next big one.

An update is better than no update at all.

I really liked the Telos flyby anyways. I'd like to see Lucasarts do more of those.

anyone notice the imperial reminicent shuttles in the BG of the picture with the sullustrian. The empire has begun, 4000 YEARS EARLY

I noticed that in the flyby movie. It does seem a bit early for a design so similar to a Lambda class Shuttle.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

They're deliberately keeping us on a drip-feed of as little information as possible :p

Which is good actaully.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They're deliberately keeping us on a drip-feed of as little information as possible :)

Which is good actaully.

ya cuz then its a surprise. i like it when things are new info (this coming from the man who bought the strategy guide and read on to find out that the pc was revan :p )

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

You know, those new jet's going into service right now look a lot like the old ones, DECADES LATE!! I think you're onto something. 4000 years later, they should have really looked back on their sources and made absolutely certain there was no overlap - those galactic copyright laws can be a hassle.

Can't you imagine that there might even be a reason for a similar design? Maybe the lambda class shuttle was based on an earlier model. Aerodynamics, physics, etc. don't change, and the nature of tech (this could be a fallacy of the Star wars universe, but I think their tech is so far ahead of ours we can't very well compare, but anyway) in the star wars is such that IT doesn't change that much over the years. The needs and uses of technology don't change much over the years, just as I could surmise the mechanics (didn't computers use vacuum tubes at one point? Well, they stay roughly the same size now, except for advances which can't be assumed in the Star Wars universe as it is now) and physics of that technology don't change much.

And didn't you say that it was just very similar, anyway?

The design isn't realy aerodynamic and most of what we've seen of the republic so far doesn't indicate a white/black color scheme for shuttles. It's simply an obvious link to the OT, but I don't realy have a problem with it. My 4000 YEARS EARLY comment was joking. Though it is a bit odd

The design isn't realy aerodynamic and most of what we've seen of the republic so far doesn't indicate a white/black color scheme for shuttles. It's simply an obvious link to the OT, but I don't realy have a problem with it. My 4000 YEARS EARLY comment was joking. Though it is a bit odd

So here's where the physics of star wars is really bad: why would space shuttles need to be aerodynamic in the first place? Of course they wouldn't since there's no air or any other medium in space at all. Which also points to the obvious questions of why do they make such aerodynamic moves in combat, why do they make sounds when they fly by and why do the explosions look like explosions in at atmosphere?

The answer to each of these questions is obvious: they don't CARE about correct physics, or representing correct technological development, they care about it looking cool and passing reasonably in other areas, because they're not making a science demonstration, they're making movies, books and video games. That's why I find all this rather silly, as you seem to. I prefer to suspend my disbelief and just enjoy the story as they choose to tell it.