Disapointed In Obsidian! ;)

I had absolutely no Idea you were making games like this (or at all really) If not for Tyranny popping up in a GOG newsletter. These kinds of games have always been my favourite..lol   Black Isle, Bioware, Obsidian Entertainment. Old School games like this are still awesome to me. Honestly, its not like i live under a rock or something...lol

Anyways, I'm enjoying Pillars. I immediately snapped it up on Halloween and its awesome. The level of detail is incredible. I sincerely hope you continue to make awesome games like this. If you make it, I will buy...lol   

I'm pretty much set to by Tyranny OE on the 9th

Welcome Back Obsidian and Mr. Urquhart (and team) :)

• Like 4

We'll it's been a revival of the genre since like 2012. There are many other iso-rpgs like pillars by other companies. I don't know if you knew and just didn't know about Pillars. If you don't then you can check out Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, Divinity Original Sin and others that I might not remember now :p

• Like 1

Yeah, it is a great time to be an isometric rpg enthusiast!

After almost a decade of nothing, we are finally getting some amazing titles.

I strongly hope that both Pillars and Tyranny will spawn their own long-lasting series, so we'll have something to play for years to come.

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Its been in my Steam Wishlist for many years. EA moved almost everything to origin. I try really hard not to buy digital from non steam sources. Everybody and their mother have digital distribution apps and its a little anoying being forced to have them all installed...lol

• Like 1

There's a complete edition over at GOG. If you're unfamiliar with GOG, they sell games completely DRM free, with none of these digital distribution apps required - you just download install files, you can do this directly through your browser, and then you can burn them to a CD/DVD or save them on a thumb drive or wherever else you'd like. These files are yours to keep. If GOG ever goes bankrupt and ceases to exist, you can still install NWN2: Complete Edition or anything else you buy from GOG and remember to back up.

Incidentally, Tyranny will also be released over there. (you'll have to wait a few days longer for GOG to release patches tho.)

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Yes, if you check out extras section of the game page, it lists flac soundtrack as well as mp3 - for both NWN2 and Pillars. I assume Tyranny'll be the same.

Edit: Actually, for NWN2. the game page mentions 3 soundtracks in mp3 and original soundtrack in flac.

Edited by Fenixp

Obsidian made Neverwinter Nights 2 in 2006, which actually still has a pretty large community. I don't think Black Isle exists anymore. Same for Interplay.

I actually want to get that, just due to Obsidian. I'll be picking up a GOG copy before too long. I loved the first one, too.