Please help me to choose a Main Character

It's good fun for Act 1, but I never abused it after Act 1 and these days I find myself trying to avoid it.

There's so many locations in the game by now you will find what you need eventually.

Wah, knowing this it's going to be harder not to look up stuff. I hate it when things are random. I hate it even more when things can be exploited. *sigh*

If you're not going for achievements I'd suggest just consoling in any loot you particularly want. The end result is the same as exploiting the non-random nature of loot but it's a lot less tiresome.

• Like 1

Wah, knowing this it's going to be harder not to look up stuff. I hate it when things are random. I hate it even more when things can be exploited. *sigh*

If you're not going for achievements I'd suggest just consoling in any loot you particularly want. The end result is the same as exploiting the non-random nature of loot but it's a lot less tiresome.

I don't really want to cheat my way through a game though. Although if you can do it through in game means and adding it through console commands is just "faster" I guess it is ok. Still dumb. Oh man.  ;(

The only issue I have is that early game there is no good "rogue" type character with enough mechanics skill to get you through the beginning. And Grieving Mother doesn't have a background that adds mechanics so she lags behind late game. I quit putting points into her stealth just to be able to get through the game and find everything I need and open any chest/trap.

Edited by AeonsLegend

I don't really want to cheat my way through a game though. Although if you can do it through in game means and adding it through console commands is just "faster" I guess it is ok. Still dumb. Oh man.  ;(

Yeah I understand that, I guess I just figure if you're going to use the random loot tables to ensure you get items, then there's really no difference with simply using the console (other than no achievements).

Honestly, you'll probably get most if not all the random items you want eventually, and dealing with the few you don't can be seen as part of the challenge.

• Like 1

Well - Durance starts with some points in mechanics - so maybe use him instead? I think Aloth, too.

Yeah, but not enough to make it matter for late game when you're scrounging for points to get Mechanics to levels 12 and 13. It's fine for early game when you only need 5, plus you could rest in The Black Hound for a bonus I think. I don't really want to waste mechanics points on a priest if I know I can never get him to late game on them anyways. Sure you could retrain them, but that's kinda cheesy to do only for this.

Looking for your prefered setup and if you take Durance as your 5th companion, you already have everything, so can go with whatever Main Character.

I personally prefer Pallegina or Kana as main tank, and Eder as bruiser. Fighter have some second chance abilities, and much better consistent weapon DPS. Chanter/Paladins have more significant aura dps.

As for MC:

If prefer more dps then Rogue for weapons, or Cipher for more casting. (it is more about style)

If prefer more sturdy character then Paladin or Chanter. Both classes makes good sword and shield if that is your keg of beer. Maybe Chanter is more fun since you get summon and paralyze earlier. From the other side everyone with figurine could summon, so that is not game changer. And for both classes essencial is aura which both get at the same time.

Also it is better to not think too much about class choice as long as it sounds cool, and fits from roleplay reasons.

And for both classes essencial is aura which both get at the same time.

Chanter gets the Dragon Thrashed at lvl 9. Sacred Immolation comes at lvl 13. Not really the same time (if it's those abilites that you're talking about). ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

And for both classes essencial is aura which both get at the same time.

Chanter gets the Dragon Thrashed at lvl 9. Sacred Immolation comes at lvl 13. Not really the same time (if it's those abilites that you're talking about). ;)

Yea, on level 9 the chanter is just way stronger than any other class, especially if you actually upscale WM and Act 3 and go there with level 9 which is asap as it can be upscaled.

Chanter with high enough In to stack dragon chant just burns thru high dr targets as if they were made of butter, Only weapons to ignore DR at that point are Tidefall and Persitance, but using them on single target has much less effect than the chants AoE.

For me, the somewhat stupid thing is that if the chanter is wearing a single one handed weapon, the +12 ACC also applies to the chant, which lets it crit a lot, melting stuff even faster. Once you get attacked you can switch to a shield setup and be safe immediately (defense bonus is not affected by recovery) and if you are not attacked you can immediately switch to +12 ACC modus. It's a lot of cheese on top of a very strong ability. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods