I think Infuse is not a bad pick for 2nd level mastery. Combusting Wounds is also not bad of course. And the Siphon is also very nice for a melee wizard. Until you reach lvl 11 you will see which one you use more often. That one I'd pick for mastery.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Can't imagine what barb's HoF would do in combination with the blast. Maybe melting Eora or something like that.

I have to admit, that's part of what makes me want to try it. Just imagine if every Carnage hit generated a Citzal's template which, in turn, could generate Carnage templates and so on...

Perhaps there's a reason Obsidian picked Firebrand over Citzal's for the gloves.

I would definitely master DAoM when reaching level 13. My question is, which second level spell would be best to master at level 11. My inclination would be to go for an offensive spell like Combusting Wounds (which is fixed in 3.05, right?) or Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon. But if you can really top of your health by casting Vit Essence at the end of a battle (I haven't tried this, but I recall reading this in one of the forums), it seems like it would be indispensable, especially if you are using spells or abilities that drain endurance, such as DAoM or Dangerous Implements.

You can really take anything here. A fully buffed wizard does not get hit that often. Not sure if you are playing solo or in a party, but this could also affect which spells you want for Spell Mastery.

If you use the right weapon combos (Unlaboured Blade + Little Saviour) you do not need to cast Citzal's every encounter, but you may lose more health and this need Infuse with Vital Essence more often. If you plan your spells right, you can use Citzal's 4 times before needing to rest. The best defense is a good offense IMO. If you take out the battlefield before your buffs expire, you tend to walk away with very little damage.

Ultimate.jpg

Thanks for the tips. I would have loved the idea of using the Unlabored Blade + Little Savior combo, although I am disappointed by how the former was nerfed in the 3.05 update. Even so, this points to a nice Scion of Flame build, for Flame Shield while in combat and for Firebug when it procs. I suppose it would make the most sense to pick Weapon Focus: Soldier, for Citzal's Spirit Lance (it's a pike, right?), which would also help when using any soulbound item, as the the Unlabored Blade or the soulbound scepter.

Thanks for the tips. I would have loved the idea of using the Unlabored Blade + Little Savior combo, although I am disappointed by how the former was nerfed in the 3.05 update. Even so, this points to a nice Scion of Flame build, for Flame Shield while in combat and for Firebug when it procs. I suppose it would make the most sense to pick Weapon Focus: Soldier, for Citzal's Spirit Lance (it's a pike, right?), which would also help when using any soulbound item, as the the Unlabored Blade or the soulbound scepter.

Not quite sure what nerfs were introduced for Little Saviour now, but I mostly used it to get my deflection and reflexes up while buffing. Almost any small shield works for that.

Even with all of my buffs, I (Merciless Gaze, DAoM & Eldritch Aim), I found that Unlaboured blade procced less than I expected. It was nice when it happened, but I could not reliably count on it. The Citzal's combos worked much better since the blast of the lance is guaranteed. In essence, anyone within range takes a ton of damage and you can find yourself slicing through hordes of enemies quite quick. If I used a doorway as a bottleneck, I took almost no damage and most fights were over before my buffs expired. Several enemies were damaged by the blast and by the time the first enemy went down, those who followed were in bad shape.

Considering you can go for 4 encounters like this before needing to rest, it is not that bad, but you do need to follow a set sequence and similar tactics for most encounters.

All evocated weapons are universal type, so get bonus by every weapon focus talent, no matter what

Yes, I used the weapon focus for daggers since I used Drawn-in-Spring, but once you use soulbound or summoned weapons any weapon focus will do.

Ultimate.jpg