Another update, more things broken, no new content

me1034

Question

Guys, we need to get the QA under control. Can't tell you how many 15+ level characters I've lost, treasure chests that have disappeared, card or skill feats my characters have been robbed of... and games that have had to be forfeited because of missing GUI controls needed to progress the game. Most recently, as in a few min ago after the latest update, I had to forfeit a game because I was asked to discard a card but there were no options available to discard. This is happening too frequently now. And I know Im preaching to the choir to others here. Nothing new. But this is on a Galaxy Tab 2. One if the most common Android platforms. And add to it that I'm one of the folks that sprung for the entire adventure path and have been waiting 2 months now for the next set (again, I know I'm not alone). I honestly haven't experienced this level of sloppy coding and commercialization in a long time - if ever. Who is writing your test cases for QA? Your devs or QA? Whichever it is, you need to change it up because it's not working.

I love the game and the care obviously invested in crafting it. But that makes all the bugs even more frustrating - I can't abandon the game! So please, change your process up and start focusing on quality, delivering on promises to people who have paid in advance (as opposed to efforts to bring more users on board, which will only generate MORE disappointed players) and instead, develop more things players can buy to enrich the game play experience. And once you have that under control, THEN its time to expand to other platforms. Right now, those of us waiting for content we've already paid for are feeling pretty used and abused seeing that efforts were invested in increasing the foorprint before fixing the game on curent platforms and not delivering on pre-sold content. My $.02...

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

Downloaded the game - couldn't create a party after the prologue.

Got a hotfix, created a party, played some story mode, decided to play quest mode - characters levelled up without gaining any feats.

Finally got a fix for that - game became unplayable on the phone, plus the new phone UI looks ugly.

I've been playing games by Black Isle Studios and then by Obsidian since I was 12 years old (now I'm 31), always been a fan. But cmon people, you're ruining your reputation, even in an old dedicated fan's eyes!

Edit: Oh and regarding the constant "Apologize for the inconvenience" in every post: South Park: "We're Sorry"

Edited by mplain
  • Like 2

I'd advise you to quit this game, and forget it ever existed.

Believe me, I **LOVED** this game before the latest patch.  But it's clear that the game developers simply do not prioritize fixing bugs, or delivering promised content.  Instead, they release garbage like a new UI that nobody asked for, and cosmetic garbage like dice skins.

I've accepted that this isn't a story of a rag-tag team of indie developers just trying to find their stride before they really start delivering content & bugfixes.  I've accepted that shoddy bug-laden releases and M.I.A. content are what we can expect in the future, because that's exactly what they've given us in the past.

I'm done with this game.  I'd invite you to do the same.  Because it's not going to get better.

• Like 3

Nah, it is still a great game. Devs will fix stuff. New content will come.

Not sure that they will be able to do it - the whole history of last 4 months unfortuntately proved that they don't have QA at all, and focus all effort on development whistles to recieve some more money from us. Unfortunately it is killing this great game.

First releases very much much more stable than current status of game

• Like 2

Nah, it is still a great game. Devs will fix stuff. New content will come.

Not sure that they will be able to do it - the whole history of last 4 months unfortuntately proved that they don't have QA at all, and focus all effort on development whistles to recieve some more money from us. Unfortunately it is killing this great game.

First releases very much much more stable than current status of game

I have to agree with you Yuri. Regression testing is non-existent here. And yes, they chose to focus on development efforts to expand their offering to a wider spectrum of users having mobile phones - even though it worked fine on my Galaxy Edge 6+ - instead of creating a stable code base prior to releasing to more devices. It's a real shame because this truly is one of the best mobile games I've played in a long time if ever. And I would have thought that paying a premium for the entire RotRL adventure path would have meant a more solid product. But I thought wrong. Gonna have to shelve this one...

• Like 2