Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quest Characters not getting level rewards

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Jaxom Faux

Jaxom Faux

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Had to replace my phone and reinstalled pathfinder as of the newest version, my story characters seem ok, but my quest characters are gone. Started a new set of quest characters and found that i'm not getting my level based rewards after each quest.

Ideas?

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3235 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey Jaxom,

What characters are in your party? What level did they get to and what rewards did they not get? Were any of your characters killed during the scenario? Any additional information will be very helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

Molenaar.david

Molenaar.david

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I am also having this problem. I finally got through story mode, and so wanted to start playing quest mode so I could actually play with specialized roles. I started a party with three experienced characters and 3 new ones, and after I completed the scenario (ran out of time/blessings) the new characters leveled up several times but no characters received any rewards whatsoever. It showed that they leveled up, but then proceeded directly to the 'make your deck legal' screen. I thought perhaps I would have to start a new quest to choose the rewards/power fears etc., but completed another game with the same group (once again running out of time). They leveled up further, but no rewards of any kind, or being able to assign stats/cards feats/ etc. Very disappointing :(
  • Keldrad likes this

Molenaar.david

Molenaar.david

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I just tried it again with a completely fresh party of level one characters, 6 in number, Mesriel, Kyra, Ezren, Seelah, Valeros, and Seoni. Ran out of time once again, it showed they leveled up several times, and then when I pressed continue went directly to the 'make your decks legal again' phase, then ended. :(
  • ryanmrich likes this

Molenaar.david

Molenaar.david

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
(Kyra was killed in the new party attempt, and did not receive exp, as expected.) Everyone else advanced to level three without receiving rewards. (Skill feat and card reward).

KungfuBunnyfufu

KungfuBunnyfufu

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
I am having this problem as well. It began after the last download/patch. Only in quest mode, the chars I am using are Amiri, Lini, and Kyra. I was about level 10 (all of them) when the patch happened. The level rewards skipped are for levels: 11, 13, 15. 11 and 13 are cards, 15 was a power point, which I hope to get when u fix this. I don't remember if 11 and 13 were wins or losses; 15 was a loss. Normal difficulty. I got the Xp, clicked the little continue button, and it took me straight to deck building. I used to always click Amiri's continue button. Level 14 (reward received) and 15 (reward not received) I clicked Lini's continue button.

iPad mini 4, ios 9.3.4, pfid: I don't know, can't find it.
Pass and play and permadeath off.
And the team order was listed as above. Please let me know if I can provide any more info.

I loooove this game. This is the first major bug I've encountered, so you guys did a really great job. Keep it up!

KungfuBunnyfufu

KungfuBunnyfufu

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
I missed a question: none of my characters died. Of these 3 characters, they have not died at all.

PRuano

PRuano

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 85 posts
Had just that same problem.

Chars (Kyra, Sajan, Seoni) got to lvl 12, should have gotten a skill update, none did, went strait to equipment window.

None died, failed to capture villain in time though.

Pediatron

Pediatron

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 161 posts

Aarik, there are enough people complaining about this same issue that it seems global -- not related to which characters or which scenario. Thanks for exploring it!

Archangelrey

Archangelrey

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Party were Ezren, Seoni, the warrior and the monk. no one was killed on the party just ran out of time.

Just delete Ezren twice because of the same glitch. One going to Level 30 and second time going to level 10, they missed the card and skill status bonus. Also had Seoni lose a free item bonus.

Edited by Archangelrey, 15 August 2016 - 09:08 PM.

Lord.grae

Lord.grae

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
I also am having this problem.

Ipad air 2.
First, I did quests with just priest and rogue and can't remember having any problems.

I bought the bundle and added 4 other new characters to my level 6 priest and rogue. No one got their level rewards.

I deleted everyone and just did a quest with priest rogue and wizard. No one got level rewards. Deleted them, tried again with same configuration. Theyou different that time. Played again with those characters and they did not get thier level 6 rewards.

Guess I'll wait and hope this is fixed soon. Not getting the level rewards takes a lot of the fun out. :(

kurtalb1

kurtalb1

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 122 posts

This seems to be the same or a similar problem to this post:  http://forums.obsidi...card-feat-loss/

PRuano

PRuano

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 85 posts
Note that single card rewards, like spells/weapons/armor/itens do work, it appears to be just other rewards that do not, like skills.

Lord.grae

Lord.grae

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
I believe I've had it skip all rewards, cards or otherwise, and go straight to the deck modification screen.

ryanmrich

ryanmrich

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Steam:r925malice75r
  • Xbox Gamertag:RyanMRich

I just tried it again with a completely fresh party of level one characters, 6 in number, Mesriel, Kyra, Ezren, Seelah, Valeros, and Seoni. Ran out of time once again, it showed they leveled up several times, and then when I pressed continue went directly to the 'make your decks legal again' phase, then ended. :(

I have the same problem with a party of 2: Kyra and Sajan, missed levels 2 thru 5 rewards (skill, power, card and Ally)

Omnobo

Omnobo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Also had this problem happen for my level 20 Merisiel Card feat :(. Seems to be happening if you lose a scenario, but still level up. Missing out on a boon card doesn't bother me much, but missing out on a feat really hurts the character. 

Should I restart a new Merisiel, or do you think they will retroactively give the missing card/power/skill feats that were skipped? Merisiel was my highest level quest character, so this is really disappointing :(

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Able to reproduce this bug internally. Working on fix now. Sorry guys! :(

• mccrispy and Pediatron like this

Ripe

Ripe

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 211 posts

Same here... got my party to level 9 and I should have gotten a Spell as a reward. Pressed on "Continue" and game went straight to deck rebuilding without giving me a spell for each character.

I did loose a scenario due to timer running out.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Any information if forfeit helps if you lose the scenario or not? It is one thing to wait the patch and another just forfeit if you run out of time or something similar... Just wondering.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 17 August 2016 - 04:46 AM.

• kurtalb1 likes this

Larrel

Larrel

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts

I've missed allies, armor and power rewards. Pretty unrewarding! hahaha

Will wait for the patch :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users