Going to ultimate achivement, class suggestion?

Hm interesting, I didn't even get to see it undr active effects and I only received the healing I should receive from Recovery.

Pretty sure you won't find it in active effects.  But it does show up in the combat log so watch that.

Edited by Climhazzard

Didn't have too much time, still in Act 1 but only Caed Nua and Raedric left.

On my test char I beat Raedric but on reloads it seemed unreliable so I don't want to risk it on the ToI save.

From today on I have 20 days holiday tho. :D

killing raedric with chanter should be quite easy (but not worth it at all),  i did it all the time when  summons were perma,  but its not that much harder with 15 sec phantoms, the safe way is just too long to bother - i did it 1 time and it just suXX... just dont bother,  its really easy once you have the main figurines, why the hard way in ToI?

• Like 1

killing raedric with chanter should be quite easy (but not worth it at all),  i did it all the time when  summons were perma,  but its not that much harder with 15 sec phantoms, the safe way is just too long to bother - i did it 1 time and it just suXX... just dont bother,  its really easy once you have the main figurines, why the hard way in ToI?

Yeah the problem for Toi is sometimes the phantoms aggro either none of the enemies towards the chanter or if you trihard to aggro 1 all of a sudden all of them rush you, dead.

That's why it's not safe for ToI at all. If you send the lone phantom in the mioddle of the enemies it gets butchered so its substantial to separate them.

If I test something out for my ToI save I never am satisfied with one successful try but always test several to make sure I don't get killed on ToI.

Yah as soon as you piled some bodies it's awesome that's another reason I try to aggro instead of just slaughtering countless phantoms.

But if you aggro too many too early you still die.^^

So it's just not for ToI.

I just hit level 8 with my Chanter (just PotD solo, no ToI) and I was wondering what do people think is better: Shatter Their Shackles or Rejoice.. Two Fingers (and yes, I did have to phrase the latter like that, I couldn't resist)? I plan on getting Seven Nights/Bride/Brideman/Instruments for my final 4 invocations (big damaging spell, + defenses from Bride and Brideman, decent CC immune summon), and already took Killers Froze Stiff so I only had room for one.

I have the One Dozen chant for fear already, so I was thinking Shatter Their Shackles was a better idea, plus Prayer Against Fear scrolls are much easier to get than the late game paralysis ones (and the lore requirement is much lower). Still the immunity to fear and terror with Rejoice.. Two Fingers is pretty lengthy.

As I'm trying not to respec I kept a level 7 save just in case you all call me a moron and tell me Two Fingers are always better than no fingers.

When I played WM 2 I couldn't get the two fingers to work on the chanter himself, so if that's still the case (was 3.02) it's useless solo.

I guess if you run at the start of the fight and get the invocation before you engage shatter the schackles is really good, but once you reach level 9 you might not want to use invocations anymore cause of stacking dragon thrashed.

Rejoice is the healing? In that case go for that... Anyway don't have fear: from next lvl you will use only dragon chant and seven nights as finisher. Is like building up combo pieces with dragon trashed and release all the pain in 1 shot. Usually do this alone kill everything.

I usually pick the healing invocation just in case ( and can be actually good in little rooms) but hardly use it.

The other option May be good for languafeth but not too much.

Have fun with the mighty Chanter, Remember to stack as many deflecion that you can ( cautious attack, sword & shield, ecc ecc )

• Like 1

deflection... how dull... stack ACC! single handed weapon no shield=+20 ACC (+12 1h no -8 shield) - hit them reliable so the fight is over fast - makes for much more fun. It simply suxx if you miss too much (ok, boss fights... arent that easy that way... but fun!)

• Like 1

But if you play that way you die fast too OR have to kite/Split pull like a god, while with my plan i just sit waching the Word burn while they barely can touch me. And that is very satisfying

Edited by Dr <3
  • Like 1

deflection... how dull... stack ACC! single handed weapon no shield=+20 ACC (+12 1h no -8 shield) - hit them reliable so the fight is over fast - makes for much more fun. It simply suxx if you miss too much (ok, boss fights... arent that easy that way... but fun!)

Yes you also need accuracy but there isn't any talents for acc which prevent you from maxing deflection. :)

na - i did it before 2.0 and after 3.0,  after 3.0 i died because i didnt know the perma stun encounters (am waiting a few patches before playing my ultimate run, so i didnt try the boss fights with thas build yet), but its a fast way to kill stuff, if the figurine is placed right you kill the enemies fast enough to not care about anything else, if you dont mind a few tricks you can do it easily outside of bossfights - bossfights are forced fights so you can go ham as a chanter... i simply dont see any problems here.

CC is the only problem i encountered - many fights i could simply go in and fight it out like a boss - and be the last one standing, nothing but engaging the fight needed, enemies dead before i could summon ogres or right after.

i never max deflection because i dont have the attributes to get resolve and i dont use a shield - sure, i dont mind everything else... but thats just not "that much" i prefer the *0,73 damage item against crits, the boots and going ham... with as low deflection as i can have :D   (and wound binding is a real good idea with that playstyle, some fights my healthpool is too low despite max con... because i dont rest after every fight)

Edited by Reent

But if you play that way you die fast too OR have to kite/Split pull like a god, while with my plan i just sit waching the Word burn while they barely can touch me. And that is very satisfying

Edit: surely i don't have the kind of patience that you need to kite thaos for 1h with a lvl 1 ranger

The first time I beat the Adra Dragon, back when the game was released, I kited him for about an hour while plucking away at him with some crappy hunting bow on a monk.  Now it only takes me like 15 seconds to beat him... lol.

• Like 1

Which is why I always avoid using heavy shields on my Chanter, so that Dragon thrashed has a good chance to hit.  But I usually use a buckler instead of going 1hand, in late game Little Saviour is a lot better to use than having a bit more accuracy, imo.

That said, this topic is about soloing.  No matter what you do, you'll never kill stuff fast enough on an offensive style spec to solo PotD Toi, that's why they're stacking as much defense as they can, to live as long as possible while stuff slowly dies to Dragon Thrashed.

• Like 1

I had really a smooth run with my Chanter, actually i had not *maxed* deflecion but fortitude. Max might, max con, 15 per, dump dex, 8 resolution. But i took sword&shield, cautious attack, superiore deflecion. Also Snake reflex, bear fortitude.

Fortitude is the best defence imho, it prevents most of the negative status effects (wich are what really kills you in fights, 100 dmg from an aoe spell or a crit is nothing vs beign paralyzed or petryfied)

During the fights you can also use llengrath potion + def scroll wich skyrockets your defences, and while you do... Dragon trashed...

Another good thing was aila breccia shield, with all that deflecion some fight were trivial ( why you paralyze yourself, fellow languefath? Why you suicide with a cleaning flame thaos? Why you shot your missiles to yourself concelhaut?

• Like 1

When I played WM 2 I couldn't get the two fingers to work on the chanter himself, so if that's still the case (was 3.02) it's useless solo.

I guess if you run at the start of the fight and get the invocation before you engage shatter the schackles is really good, but once you reach level 9 you might not want to use invocations anymore cause of stacking dragon thrashed.

I think they have changed it, at least the description is changed to say it should affect the Chanter in game. I'll stick with Shackles, seems much more worth it against Vithracks and Adragan. Thanks!

• Like 1