Going to ultimate achivement, class suggestion?

I'm just playing the Chanter on PotD solo, no Path of Iron because I'm not masochistic enough ;) Also my build is a weird one so not entirely relevant, as I've said I'll keep it under wraps and until I hopefully do a class build of it (it's a shame a spent 50 hours or so on a Paladin trying to do more or less the same thing in an inferior way :getlost:). However, for a general Chanter tank with a shield I'd max Might and Int and then put any remaining points into Con or Per - leave the rest as the base levels. Might is useful to get your fortitude save up, and a shield will cover your reflex and deflection. Might and Int also obviously effect your chants in all the ways you'd want them to, no real need to overthink it.

Wild Orlan, living land, max might, max con, dump dex, 15 per, 15 int, 9 res.

Scientist for +1 mech & lore

Probably i will respect for boss battles

I think spelltongue is not worth on Chanter, you will not manage to overextend your buffs like a barbarian. Is just easyer to recast them

Edited by Dr <3

I have just slayed the alpine dragon ( solo potd no upscale).

I tryed a "new" combo: Black guard plate (+15 acc vs beast) + slay the Beast chant (+20 accuracy vs beast) alterned with dragon trashed chant + drawn in spring with Slayer beast enchant.

Went pretty smooth, actually far more i had expected.

Actually i have quite not fight at all, since i just drank potion and casted scroll all time, while waching the dragon burn. The order was llengrat potion, scroll of defence, Battle Paint potion (+15 accuracy), renew and heal as needed. all defences were between 150-160, accuracy above 130. Maybe Would have been even better with dragon trashed alone.

Sky dragon next, then adra :)

• Like 1

You get it during the boss of the iron flail fort ( the other human chiper). It gives you a +15 accuracy vs beasts aura... Is not powerful as a fully upgraded ryona brestplate ( which i think is by far the best armor in game) but have a strong effect anyway.

Speaking of armors other 2 nice alternative for tanky chars are

- Hunter plate --> for the massive heals

- surprisingly also the sanguine plate. I never thought that going berserk gives you also +16 fortitude, as a direct consequence of +4 might, + 4 con. So you basically give -10 deflection for +16 fort and a nice attack speed bonus

Another thing i "discovered" is that scroll of defence stack with llengrath potion ( but not with the +20 to all def from ryona armor). So against drakes my Orlan for easily a very good deflection: 110 "base" +20 llengrat, +20scroll defence/ryona +10 from racial --> 160 def

If he go frenzy then 150 deflection but >180 fortitude :D

Now also adra and Sky dragon are down. Next comes the archmages...

Edit: btw Chanter is really a beast build defensively... The main vantage is that none of your action stop the singing, apart from invocation... Is the only char able to kill every around while drinking potion and casting scrolls!

I don't even use invocation anymore in most fights, just to keep pumping dragon trashed, with maximized might ( 18 base (Orlan + living land) + 2 from reward talent ( machine + galwain boon) + 4 maegfolk skill +3 caed nua --> whopping 27 "base" with +3/5 more during fights) it deals about 90-100 dmg ( half fire, half slashing) to everyone around and without a time limit, sacred immolation pales in comparison...

Edited by Dr <3
  • Like 1

Ok, thanks, guess I have to kill him this time then, only killed him once for experiment but didn't pay attention to his loot besides steadfast, that chest should give me enough accuracy to have 0 miss with paralyze scroll on the 140 will dragon.

Yea cloak of frozen hunt is 6 + 2per enchant on chest, if this armor works the way i think it works, it should be 15 + 4per from cloak, 11 accuracy difference, pretty huge for me consider it removes all miss possibilities for my paralyzed effect on the 140 will dragon.

You get it during the boss of the iron flail fort ( the other human chiper). It gives you a +15 accuracy vs beasts aura... Is not powerful as a fully upgraded ryona brestplate ( which i think is by far the best armor in game) but have a strong effect anyway.

Speaking of armors other 2 nice alternative for tanky chars are

- Hunter plate --> for the massive heals

- surprisingly also the sanguine plate. I never thought that going berserk gives you also +16 fortitude, as a direct consequence of +4 might, + 4 con. So you basically give -10 deflection for +16 fort and a nice attack speed bonus

Another thing i "discovered" is that scroll of defence stack with llengrath potion ( but not with the +20 to all def from ryona armor). So against drakes my Orlan for easily a very good deflection: 110 "base" +20 llengrat, +20scroll defence/ryona +10 from racial --> 160 def

If he go frenzy then 150 deflection but >180 fortitude :D

Now also adra and Sky dragon are down. Next comes the archmages...

Edit: btw Chanter is really a beast build defensively... The main vantage is that none of your action stop the singing, apart from invocation... Is the only char able to kill every around while drinking potion and casting scrolls!

I don't even use invocation anymore in most fights, just to keep pumping dragon trashed, with maximized might ( 18 base (Orlan + living land) + 2 from reward talent ( machine + galwain boon) + 4 maegfolk skill +3 caed nua --> whopping 27 "base" with +3/5 more during fights) it deals about 90-100 dmg ( half fire, half slashing) to everyone around and without a time limit, sacred immolation pales in comparison...

Yeah pretty much my intention for my chanter, too to not use invocations.

Awesome discoveries you made, about Sanguine I wonder tho don't you need to get crit for it to proc?

Yes - but it doesn't matter which defense gets targeted. If you receive a crit from the dragon's fear aura but are immune (scroll or steadfast or whatever) it still triggers Frenzy.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes - but it doesn't matter which defense gets targeted. If you receive a crit from the dragon's fear aura but are immune (scroll or steadfast or whatever) it still triggers Frenzy.

Yes exactly. The fear aura of the dragon have a very High accuracy and will is your worst defence usually, so crits happens

• Like 2

Anyway the toughest part is between lvl 6-9, in wich winds of death start losing power... Do as much Quest in act 1-2 as possible and a bit of endless path to reach lvl 9 asap.

After that you have only to care to not die because of your greediness, because dragon trashed change all encounter in a waiting game ( you just have to stay alive while all others die horribly consumed by flames)

lvl 6-9 is the hardest part... but for "hardest part" its quite easy...

with stag helmet, time and ranged summons, and time, and more time and even more time - did i mention time? - 3 bounties are quite "easy"

and white worms is simply ridiculous, spider cave, heritage hill... one wave tactic... storm them, do it!

• Like 1