NBA Playoffs!

Arkan

I still submit it's not over until it's over.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

LA Game Plan for Game 5: Give ball to Shaq. :D

Anyways, so far so good for Detroit, but perhaps you too quick to say goodbye to 3 time champions who also beat the only team who could be considered their equals after trailing 0-2...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Anyways, so far so good for Detroit, but perhaps you too quick to say goodbye to 3 time champions who also beat the only team who could be considered their equals after trailing 0-2...

Ok, say what you will, but I think the Pistons have proved that they are MORE than the Lakers equals. Regardless of what happens from here on out.

Ninja: That's true, and it's what's been givin' them the edge.

K: You come back and say that AFTER Detroit has won 3 championshops ina row, and has dominated the league pretty much for a decade then I'll agree that they are the Laker's equals. Deal?

So far they have been the better team in THIS series.

K: You come back and say that AFTER Detroit has won 3 championshops ina row, and has dominated the league pretty much for a decade then I'll agree that they are the Laker's equals. Deal?

Talk about resting on laurels

You are saying that the Pistons arn't the equals of the Lakers because of what the Lakers did in PAST SEASONS!!?!?!

come one now

I'm arguing teams, not individual players. Because the Lakers current team does not resemble their first championship run, btw.

EDIT: By this logic the current Celtics are better than the current lakers via # of championships

O, and is this dominating a decade?

2002-03 San Antonio

2001-02 Los Angeles

2000-01 Los Angeles

1999-00 Los Angeles

1998-99 San Antonio

1997-98 Chicago Bulls

1996-97 Chicago Bulls

1995-96 Chicago Bulls

1994-95 Houston Rockets

1993-94 Houston Rockets

seems like 4 teams have dominated to me

only 2 teams have dominated a ten year stretch: The celtics and the bulls

And we can't compare the Lakers from three years ago to the Lakers today. They are different teams. Kobe, Fox, Shaq, and Phil have been around. The rest of the cast rotates.

Each team is unique each year. This year the Pistons have proved they are equal to the Lakers, if not better.

No. The current Lakers dynasty consists of Shaq, Kobe, and Jackson. The others are just wannabe leechers. To say it's not the same team is poppyc*** as they are the team. If the Lakers win who's gonan get the credit? if they lose whose gonna get the blame? Case closed. (my feelings aside).

The Pistons have shown thus far, they can be the better team over a 4 game - possibly 7 game- stretch. That's it; that's all.

Other than SA, anyone else on that list evene be someone cosnistenyly good. LA has exactly one poor season; the rest they were easily one of the best teams. LA has very much domianted the last 10 years. i never said they won every year. :(

No. The current Lakers dynasty consists of Shaq, Kobe, and Jackson. The others are just wannabe leechers

I couldn't disagree more.

Obviously without good "wannabe leechers" around them, Shaq and Kobe are struggling to get it done. And minus one close game, theu have in fact not gotten it done. Jordan never won untill he had a good "wannabe leecher" cast around him, and either has Shaq or Kobe.

Pretty simple, you can't win without role players. Point to a championship team that has. (I seem to remember Horey (sp?) hitting some big shots for the Lakers..)

To say it's not the same team is poppyc*** as they are the team. If the Lakers win who's gonan get the credit? if they lose whose gonna get the blame? Case closed.

Well, so far Payton (specially payton), Malone, and the rest of the role players have been put over the coals. Much more than say Shaq. Kobe will be rocked by the media now, and deservingly so.

The Pistons have shown thus far, they can be the better team over a 4 game - possibly 7 game- stretch. That's it; that's all.

As Charles Barkley said over and over through out the Playoffs, the better team always wins a seven game series.

And the Pistons have not just won, but dominated overall. The score is much closer, because it is lower scoring game, then the games actually were. Kobe got shut down in game 3, and then shut down again tonight. Everyone but Shaq has been non-existent or very inconsistent game after game, and even shaq was no where to be seen in game 3.

Other than SA, anyone else on that list evene be someone cosnistenyly good.

Just recently? Hard to argue recently, as just SA and LA have won the last 5 years. But you said 10 years. Of the teams on the list, all had a consistently good streak. Remember that Houstan beat Shaq. (which goes to prove the roleplayers point)

Also, Sacramento and the Wolves have contested the Lakers in the last few years. You can say the Lakers dominated a three year stretch, but the last decade????

LA has exactly one poor season; the rest they were easily one of the best teams. LA has very much domianted the last 10 years. i never said they won every year.

It's "win or go home", 3 out of 10 when someone else did 3 out of ten and two other teams did 2 out of 10 does not equal domination. 30%?

Either way, none of this means anything. The current Pistons are the Lakers equals, if not more. They could miss the playoffs next year and the fact will not change.

2 entries found for laker.

lak

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

But anyway, the Lakers could easily be in control of this series. .

I don't see why you think that. They just barely came back in game two, and have shown little signs of life other than that. I mean, Kobe did get shut down in two consecutive nights and one was a "must win" game for the Lakers. Even Shaq was stopped in game 3. The Lakers could have easily have been swept tho.

If Shaq got more touches I'd say they would have a better chance, but if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Thats just not how it happened.

It just seems like they're not playing with as much heart as they used to. Except for Shaq, who is the only one who seemed to play basketball last night

again, isn't that all the Pistons doing? They single cover Shaq but shut everyone else down. People, like Kobe, get frustrated and start taking bad shots. Bad shots piss everyone else off, and the frustration multiplies. I give all the credit in the world to the Pistons (it doesn't hurt that Malone is hurt, but they were winning with him healthy.). In fact, it almost seemed that when Kobe had a decent shot, he felt a phatom hand in his face from Prince hounding him.

Let's face it, Kobe can be "hounded" out of his game. Bowen and to some extent doug christie have shown that.

But anyway, the Lakers could easily be in control of this series. .

I don't see why you think that. They just barely came back in game two, and have shown little signs of life other than that. I mean, Kobe did get shut down in two consecutive nights and one was a "must win" game for the Lakers. Even Shaq was stopped in game 3. The Lakers could have easily have been swept tho.

If Shaq got more touches I'd say they would have a better chance, but if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Thats just not how it happened.

It just seems like they're not playing with as much heart as they used to. Except for Shaq, who is the only one who seemed to play basketball last night

again, isn't that all the Pistons doing? They single cover Shaq but shut everyone else down. People, like Kobe, get frustrated and start taking bad shots. Bad shots piss everyone else off, and the frustration multiplies. I give all the credit in the world to the Pistons (it doesn't hurt that Malone is hurt, but they were winning with him healthy.). In fact, it almost seemed that when Kobe had a decent shot, he felt a phatom hand in his face from Prince hounding him.

Let's face it, Kobe can be "hounded" out of his game. Bowen and to some extent doug christie have shown that.

I didn't mean they are or might be still in control. I meant they could have been. Otherwise, I agree.

I have top agree with K, and Ender. of course, they *could* have been in control. That doesn't say much. Afterall, Philedelphia and the clippers could have been in the Finals instead of the Lakers and Detroit. But, alas, they are not.

The Pistons will most likely win either tonight or in LA on Thursday.When the series started I predicted the Pistons in 6. I kind of hope they win on Thursday in LA just to quiet all the Laker fans though. The odds were 7 to 1 in Vegas favoring the Lakers but now they're the underdogs. I doubt the Lakkers will come back. Karl Malone in injured. Tashaun has Kobe locked up. Devean George seems out there. Gary Payton doesn't seem to fit in. Shaq is carrying the whole team but doesn't seem to have the stamina to do it all night. Thier bench isn't as good as the Pistons bench since people like Kareem Rush and Luke Walton only produced in one game. Looks like the Pistons owner will have two trophies in one year. The NHL and NBA.