NBA Playoffs!

Arkan

Wow. Momentum has really shifted.

I hope Detroit can pull this out, but it doesn't look like it.

Even if Detroit loses, they hung tough this game, and beat down LA pretty bad in Game 1. Not too bad for a two-game road stretch.

just got home, and would like to say that the pistons not only took a game at home from the lakers, but the lakers won game 2 by the skin of their teeth. I mean, Kobe and shaq played about as good as you can play and they BARELY won it.

Lets send this one back to detroit

That's what they said about Philedelphia a few yeard back after they won the first one... look what happened... this series goes 5, 6 max.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When Philly took on LA, they had no center. Aaron McKie guarding Shaq?

Get real. I credit AI for having a lot of courage. Here's a little guy driving down the lane and going right through Shaq like he isn't there. AI willed Philly to a game 1 win. And he tried to carry the team the rest of the series. The problem was that there wasn't a team.

The situation is different with Detroit. They don't have one star like AI. They have a team. And they have a center in Ben Wallace that plays Shaq one-on-one. Ben Wallace didn't shut down Shaq, but he defends him as well if not better than anyone in the league.

Please. No one can defend against Shaq. Not even Wallace. If the Lakers do lose; it's gonna be because of morons like Payton and Malone. The idiots. Heck, those twoa re a waste of space for the Lakers as they bring the entire team down. Bottom line is Detroit's chances of winning it all are very, very low. Afterall, look at how they BLEW it tonight. they choke. If that was that the Lakers people would be all over them for selfishness and choking and everything else. But, Detroit does it, and "at least theyw ere close". LOL

This is the NBA Finals. Detroit has no exuse. Theya re one of the top 2 teams (LOL).

The thing is people do this for one reason to put LA ina no win situation. If the Lakers win; it's ebcause they 'should' win. if they lose it's because they choke, and aren't 'team players". Lakers have proven for years now theya re very much a tam - a damn good team. It's up to Detroit to prove they can hang with them for the long haul.

You're right.

It sucks being the overall favorite because you win because you are supposed to, or lose miserably.

However, I disagree with some of your other comments. I said Wallace guards Shaq as well as anyone in the league. No one shuts down Shaq. Other teams foul out three players and get pushed around like little dolls. Detroit is getting a bloody nose, but at least they're staying in the fight.

If you are the underdog, and you split the series on the road, you're doing good. That holds true in any series. In a week, if the Lakers smoke Detroit we'll all see that I'm wrong. However, I contend they still have a shot.

And I'm not alone in seeing the Lakers had no intensity in Game 1. Most every columnist on ESPN.COM said the same thing. I saw this team win 18 games in a row like it was nothing. When the Lakers come to play, no one can beat them. A few years back the Lakers went 15-1 in the post-season. Yet they didn't rack up an incredible record in the regular season. The Lakers turn-on the switch when they feel like it.

They're the Terrel Owens of basketball. I saw Malone fight and compete for 18 years. I see him meander now.

Detroit came out flat in OT. There's no denying that. However, with 10 seconds in the fourth quarter they had a three point lead in LA. A good three-point-shooter has a 1-in-3 shot of making it from beyond the arc. Tonight Kobe made that shot.

2 outta 3 times, he misses it and Detroit is up 2-0 in the series.

Detroit didn't completly choke. Basketball is often a sport of runs. One team goes on a run, and the other may go on a drought. In the first four quarters of play, they played to a tie. Detroit just fell short in overtime.

And if you look at the two games, Detroit won by 12 points in the first game. They lost by 8 in the second game. Detroit actually had the bigger margin of victory in their win.

They're still in this series.

I disagree with Vol about Malone. Hes has played hard these entire playoffs becauseh he has had to guard the mvp of each team (exception Houston) and wallace is indeed a good player who has been a virtual no show so far. Everybody is also saying he's holding the team together. Did you watch the game last night? He twisted the knee that kept him out of 40 games this season, and refused to leave. He came back and helped the team win.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Why? because he didn't score 20 points? He passed the ball well and played good defense. I'm not saying he won the game, but he certainly didn't hinder the team.

And yes, Luke Walton did play well. :o

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Lakers off to a not so good start...but oh well.

Where is everybody?

The Lakers are losing and nobody is here celebrating.

I haven't bothered to keep tabs on the playoffs this season. Mostly because my team--the Magic--completely sucked this year and had no shot of making it right out of the gate.

The Lakers and the Pistons are probably my two least favorite teams in the NBA too, so I haven't even bothered to pay attention to the finals either. Bleh. But if I had to choose, I'm hoping the Pistons come through. I like seeing the Lakers lose and Kobe cry.

Where is everybody?

The Lakers are losing and nobody is here celebrating.

I was out drinking and celebrating the BLOW OUT

:lol: <-me

My favorite part of the game is when they talked about how the Detroit fans drove around the Lakers hotel all night honking and shooting from the parking garage tp wake the lakers until the police finally broke it up.

I like seeing the Lakers lose and Kobe cry.

amen

malone and payton should be fired; they are hurting not helping the team

good job all around by detroit espicialy in limting that young dude's play

once again, if the lakers lose it's malone and paton's fault; if the lakers win they'll win in spite of those two dips***s

That is all. :angry:

Detroit leads 2-1, and they better not win anymore as I said Lakers would win in 5, or 6. :D