Baton Rouge Police Shooting

BruceVC

Have they caught the guy yet?

So it turns out the guy was another war veteran.. like in the other shooting.

I suppose, by the logic of many here- that this should put all veterans under scrutiny right?

Don't you know, every person who joins the military is a Saint for Defending Our Country from the Evils of Non-America! They Can Do No Wrong and don't look at their homeless numbers please?!
That's a concerning point, do many Veterans end up on the street?

Unfortuantly so.

National Coalition of Homeless Veterans cites 11% of the adult homeless population are veterans.  Estimated to be ~48,000 people nationwide.

That's higher than I thought. About 7% of the population as a whole are veterans. But that percentage is dropping like a rock as the WWII vets are passing on.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The homeless numbers are apparently increasing amid younger veterans, as I understand it, based on the way the economy has went.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The homeless numbers are apparently increasing amid younger veterans, as I understand it, based on the way the economy has went.

yeah, the economic downturn were particular hard on men and women in the us military serving abroad.  sudden find that you is upside down on your mortgage and got no way to pay.  what do you do if you is stuck in afghanistan or parts unknown?  many military families fell apart. 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I suppose, by the logic of many here- that this should put all veterans under scrutiny right?

It would be great if the US would not just holify their army during their serving period, but actually care about them afterwards rather than dropping them like a bomb with PTSS. That what you meant?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee