I picked up Lem first, because he's who I WANTED to play.  I wasn't thinking about strategy so much as FUN.  If I'm gonna grind, I'm gonna love doing it.

Then I saw that the Bundle came with promo cards like Poog of Zarongel and caved and spent the $25

is that a hero?

I picked up Lem first, because he's who I WANTED to play.  I wasn't thinking about strategy so much as FUN.  If I'm gonna grind, I'm gonna love doing it.

Then I saw that the Bundle came with promo cards like Poog of Zarongel and caved and spent the $25

is that a hero?

He's an ally.  He can give any kind of check the Fire trait.  Which is REALLY cool if you also have the Blessing of Zarongel, which adds 2 dice to any check with the Fire trait.  B-)

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

is that a hero?

He's an ally.  He can give any kind of check the Fire trait.  Which is REALLY cool if you also have the Blessing of Zarongel, which adds 2 dice to any check with the Fire trait.  B-)

LEM looks awesome btw.

Looks like she could do well on her own...

LEM looks awesome btw.

Looks like she could do well on her own...

First, Lem is Male.

Second, he has to be very careful with Combat when he's on his own.  He can do a few combat spells and have a crossbow, to be sure, AND he can carry Cure spells.  But especially starting out, he's less likely to be able to recharge his cures unless he's very lucky or adds blessings (or Troubadors) to his Recharge check.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Well, by using gold earned exclusively in-game I've already managed to buy everything currently available (with the exception of some chest-only cards): both adventures, the 10k character pack, all five of the extra characters and a bunch of treasure chests for good measure, and it wasn't particularly onerous, nor did it even take that long in the grand scheme of things. If your primary goal is money, though, it's best not to try to earn that much using a full party though, as those runs — while epic adventures in themselves — take far too long to be efficient.

That said, given how easy it is to cheese the system and race characters through the easiest basic scenarios over and over again in mere minutes at most (and multiple people seem to have simultaneously figured out the same optimal path), the developers might want to look into implementing temporary diminishing reward returns for successful scenarios in order to force, er, encourage players to keep running different scenarios, rather than spam the same quick one endlessly in order to earn gold at almost exploitative levels. Not to reduce the overall rewards, but just to incentivise people to go about earning them in a way more in line with the nature of the game and gameworld.

Another option could be to balance the rewards around party size as well as difficulty, or even to highlight one particular legendary scenario at a time and reward an extra 50 gold or so for completing it, and have that bonus scenario change every time you finish it (whether you win or lose), so you're always chasing a different adventure for your reward.

Providing an in-game way to earn the things that can also be bought with real money is very welcome and more than generous, but as things stand the monetisation scheme is actually a little too unbalanced in favour of the consumer (as weird as that sounds), and the more people figure that out, the less they're likely to spend their own real money, as always happens.

As a side note, while I was on my way to earning the 10k pack I managed to complete every legendary scenario, and was really impressed by how close they often come, and how much things can look like they're simply not going to work out right before they actually do. Now I need to gear up the rest of my stable so I can take on a full-party legendary run. :)

• Like 3

So, I have a slightly different strategy. I'm not too concerned about the character pack atm because  I will probably end up throwing them a couple of dollars at some point, at least as a thank you for this game. So that would cover most of it. 

I've already settled on picking up a third character first.  Sitting on about 2k gp atm.   My only question is, who do you all think it should be?

Personally my favorit charactrer is Lini although she might be a character add on pack character in which case buying her separately is kinda of pointless. But honestly one of the things I love about this game is that all of the characters are really fun to play and pretty well balanced, just pick someone that sounds fun and you can't go wrong. Although if you haven't bought anyone yet and still only have Kyra and Meri then actually you might want to pick up an arcane caster - Ezren, Seoni or Lem, so you can try out all of the arcane spells that the initial two can't use.

Well, by using gold earned exclusively in-game I've already managed to buy everything currently available (with the exception of some chest-only cards): both adventures, the 10k character pack, all five of the extra characters and a bunch of treasure chests for good measure, and it wasn't particularly onerous, nor did it even take that long in the grand scheme of things. If your primary goal is money, though, it's best not to try to earn that much using a full party though, as those runs — while epic adventures in themselves — take far too long to be efficient.

That said, given how easy it is to cheese the system and race characters through the easiest basic scenarios over and over again in mere minutes at most (and multiple people seem to have simultaneously figured out the same optimal path), the developers might want to look into implementing temporary diminishing reward returns for successful scenarios in order to force, er, encourage players to keep running different scenarios, rather than spam the same quick one endlessly in order to earn gold at almost exploitative levels. Not to reduce the overall rewards, but just to incentivise people to go about earning them in a way more in line with the nature of the game and gameworld.

Another option could be to balance the rewards around party size as well as difficulty, or even to highlight one particular legendary scenario at a time and reward an extra 50 gold or so for completing it, and have that bonus scenario change every time you finish it (whether you win or lose), so you're always chasing a different adventure for your reward.

Providing an in-game way to earn the things that can also be bought with real money is very welcome and more than generous, but as things stand the monetisation scheme is actually a little too unbalanced in favour of the consumer (as weird as that sounds), and the more people figure that out, the less they're likely to spend their own real money, as always happens.

As a side note, while I was on my way to earning the 10k pack I managed to complete every legendary scenario, and was really impressed by how close they often come, and how much things can look like they're simply not going to work out right before they actually do. Now I need to gear up the rest of my stable so I can take on a full-party legendary run. :)

This is actually a bug!

You should only gain gold once ever for beating a scenario on Normal or Heroic. You can grind Legendary to keep getting the rewards and you can also grind in Quest mode as well. (once we pushed the patch for it)

• Like 2

There Are some very easy scenarios even on legendary level and the Feywood is referring to that I supose.

The idea of redusing the reward if you keep on spamming same b level adventures is a good one. Maybe so that b level does not give any reward after first play. Level 1 gives something and level 2 more? Hmmm... But hard to balance.

All in all level 5 Group can cakewalk any scenarios at level 2...

Now I got better idea. Level 2 croup get full reward for level 2 scenarios. And level 1 croup get full reward From level 1 scenarios. If the scenario is below your level the reward is reduced based on the difference?

That would allow gold grinding, but would not make it too easy.

This is actually a bug!

You should only gain gold once ever for beating a scenario on Normal or Heroic. You can grind Legendary to keep getting the rewards and you can also grind in Quest mode as well. (once we pushed the patch for it)

Oh, no, I actually was talking about legendary runs in the above case, which is the problem.

When I said easiest, I meant the particular choice of scenario (on legendary), not the actual difficulty level. I may have been a bit ambiguous when explaining.

Edited by Feywood

Poison Pill on Legendary isn't really that tough and worth more gold than Heroic anyway, so if the intent was to limit easy grinding you might look at that. Maybe give more gold to later on adventures? Although from what I remember of the physical game, there's generally one easier adventure mixed into each pack to give a breather from the really hard ones, so it's not that cut and dried that later ones are harder. Realistically, if people farming gold is a problem (and I don't know if it is, just saying) you probably want to just cut back on how much gold you get for an adventure or how much you can get per day, period.

This is actually a bug!

I just playtested it. There *is* a bug. You get 100 gold each time you beat Brigandoom! on normal, plus whatever gold you find during play.

On the other hand right now grinding gold via quest mode is not an option for most players, so I'm thankful that this bug that allows grinding gold in story mode is in. :)