Supported Devices

Flounder

Question

Pathfinder Adventures supports iPAD 3 and up. 

While you may be able to play with older devices there are potential issues that can arise.  You also might have a better experience if you turn off "Effects" from the Setting menu.

This is a quick list of devices we have tested on:

Runs well:

iPad 4th Gen

iPad Air 2

iPad Pro

Galaxy Tab 3 Pro

Galaxy Tab A 8.0

Lenovo A10-70F

Runs poorly:

Asus ZenPad S 8.0

Asus Nexus 7

iPad Mini 1st Gen

RCA Voyager 7

Viking Pro

Tested Externally with no reported issues:

HTC Nexus 9

Nexus 7 2013

Nexus 10

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Galaxy Tab 4 8.0

Galaxy Tab 4 10.1

Galaxy Tab S

Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Xperia Tablet Z

Xperia Z3 Tablet

T-Mobile Springboard

Nokia N1

Pantech Element

Asus MeMo Pad FHD10

Asus MeMo Pad HD7

iPad Mini 4

iPad Mini

iPad Air

iPad Retina 4th Gen

iPad Mini Retina

iPad Pro

Dell Venue 8

Toshiba Excite 7c

Lenovo Tab 2 A8

• Like 2

I've been running on my Galaxy Note 10.1 v2014 (Android 5.1.1) since Pathfinder was released. I have encountered some bugs, but AFAICT nothing that didn't afflict users on other devices. Nothing glitchy that seemed like hardware compatibility problems.

Hope this is helpful to someone :)

I've seen multiple references in this thread to Settings>Effects>Off, however I appear only to have High and Low. Am I missing something?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I've seen multiple references in this thread to Settings>Effects>Off, however I appear only to have High and Low. Am I missing something?

The wording was changed a little while back.  It was always a More Effects/Less Effects setting rather than On/Off anyway.

Turning it off (Low) disables some of the extra 3D effect layers.  Most noticeably, it turns off most of the fire VFX like those visible on the goblin's torches on the main menu.

If you're on a particularly low-end android device, I believe it may default to the lower setting based on system memory or other hardware specs.

iPad 4

It’s not unplayable, but it’s extremely clunky. I was hoping that there would be something more I could do to optimize the game for tablet play.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Yep. Needs hefty hardware to run smootly.

My IPad Air2 is reasonable good, my Many thousend buck PC run it smootly ofcourse, but my Android devices that Are much lighter caliber strugle under it. They Are playable, but there Are delays. It is better now, earlier versions did like as much memory you could feed em. But I still consider that 2GB system memory is minimum for confortable use

• Like 1

Ah. Mine has about half of that. Things I wish I knew before cyber monday :(

Shame on me for not doing better homework. Thanks for the info!