I just got to level 5 questing solo with Kyra. It's taken me a while, but it's a fun grind. I run 2 cures and an augury that I've picked up along the way to cycle blessings to get more explores out of the 8 turns and once in a while the augury helps me pull up the villain or henchmen so I can close locations faster. I don't have a good victory rate, failing more often than not, and have fallen a number of times deciding to risk it for the slim chance of victory since they are hard to come by, but somehow I managed to win 2 in a row tonight. Usually it does take things lining up right with the villain and henchmen not too far down and being able to get things closed with checks I can do.

I think it's a good challenge since I can't always win, but I did come from playing with a group where we completed all three physical PACG games with 3 characters and 8 location decks every time and got through everything, usually on the first try.

I hope you realize that's not how the quest mode is supposed to work?

I just got to level 5 questing solo with Kyra. It's taken me a while, but it's a fun grind. I run 2 cures and an augury that I've picked up along the way to cycle blessings to get more explores out of the 8 turns and once in a while the augury helps me pull up the villain or henchmen so I can close locations faster. I don't have a good victory rate, failing more often than not, and have fallen a number of times deciding to risk it for the slim chance of victory since they are hard to come by, but somehow I managed to win 2 in a row tonight. Usually it does take things lining up right with the villain and henchmen not too far down and being able to get things closed with checks I can do.

I think it's a good challenge since I can't always win, but I did come from playing with a group where we completed all three physical PACG games with 3 characters and 8 location decks every time and got through everything, usually on the first try.

I feel that it's safe to assume that s/he does.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

That's what makes it impressive.

I feel that it's safe to assume that s/he does.

Yes, I know that it's not how quest mode is supposed to work, but I like that it's a change from grinding through the same scenarios, I'm enjoying the added challenge of reduced turns, and atm, I like that the number of turns makes it a quick game.

I just made level 6 too.

Quest mode is killing me. So close to winning with reduced turns regularly but just can't do it(usually due to 1 bad roll)

Wish they'd push the fix out sooner then sitting on it of its fixed internally.

I came into work today and thought to myself "Hey! Should I release the fix for Quest Mode today? Nah!" :p

Trust me we are working to get this patched. :)

• Like 1

I do have a quest mode question. How do you get experience? I gained 250 xp once mid quest... I think the first time I killed a villain. Then never again. I finished once as well...l and got no xp? Had a lucky attempt with getting the villain early. Another bug? What is supposed to grant xp... Just wins?

"Now a feature request: Can we get a fraction of the earned XP on a quest loss?"

Grinding is a difficult thing for me in this game.  Questing doesn't work for me (I know it's coming, just saying it makes things difficult).  That leaves re-runs through story scenarios.  Even with that, the best i can get is new equipment.  There are no experience points in this game, as far as I can tell.  The closest concept is getting character upgrades as a sceanrio/adventure completion reward.  But if I can't complete a scenario it's hard to find a way to grind my party up to a point that I can.  Maybe quests fix this, but for me it's the one big drawback to the game.  Getting something for attempting a scenario would be nice.  A new boon or two for all that work doesn't seem like a lot of payoff.

Edited by HPL_fan

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Given that you don't often get new boons, and you can't count on keeping any card you have, just relying on a character's deck for upgrades is a weak gain at best.  I don't think you should get XP for uncompleted scenarios.  But if you fail and didn't gain any useful new boons, where's the reward for having played?

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

So went to grind some fast quests with my lvl 6 meri

Got on threw down my spyglass and managed to pull a henchmen to the front

First area cleared

Second turn move to next area got 3 explores managed to get the next henchmen

Was like yes, there is a very good chance to actually finish this time, how many turns left.....

Look at the blessing deck... 28??????? Wow isnt this a bit to easy... I'm already playing legendary

HPL_fan, I fear you are missing the point of the game. This is a near direct port off the physical board game.

It's been played many times for 3+ years. It's the way the game works. You can't really complain if people use a glove in baseball.

You can't complain if progress is slow and building your deck with boons isn't to your liking.

I mean you can complain, but that's your choice, I guess.

First area cleared

Was like yes, there is a very good chance to actually finish this time, how many turns left.....

Look at the blessing deck... 28??????? Wow isnt this a bit to easy... I'm already playing legendary

This is kind of why I liked it when it was bugged and you only got 8 turns...

First area cleared

For every time this has happened to me, I can remember 5 times where the henchmen

were hidden at the bottom of the location decks and getting to them was a nightmare.

If this happens and you add to the mix a few failed encounters against barriers or even the villain, it is almost impossible to win.

Not complaining though since even when you lose you get to restructure your deck, and the game is fun like that. :)