Metagaming - Boosting Resolve for dialogue checks

I was considering trying to pass most Resolve checks with a base Resolve of 10.

Resolve isn't a very good attribute for any of the builds I like to use, but with some knowledge and the right consumables and resting bonuses I should be able to make most checks with temporary boosts if I'm correct. Then I could make my sorta optimal build(I could drop resolve further) but have my dialogue checks too.

Brighthollow Chapel +3

Dragon's Egg/Meat Dish +3

Iqali/Big Durmsey Prostitute +1 or +2

Gear +2 to +3

+8 is easy enough, and later in the game I'd have access to +11 though I assume I only need +10.

Before I make a protagonist with 10 resolve though, I'm wondering how good the rewards for high resolve really are, and whether it's worth the trouble to buff it for dialogue(are there plenty of Dragon foods that I can just buy?). And how save scummy I'd have to be about it - some checks you can return to the conversation, others not so much.

Basically, if anyone has done this, how much of a PITA was it?

I'm also wondering if there's a list of all Resolve checks in the game.

I'd have max Int and Perception where those are an alternative to Resolve.

In my opinion the only dialogue worth investing in Dragon meat is the Alpine Dragon. I think you need a 19 so a base 10 + dragon meat + ring + resting = 19 This comes in handy if you are low level and want the vambraces with the DR penetration but can't kill the dragon yet.

I frequently choose standard dialogue responses instead of a special attribute response if it fits more in character. Going out of your way to achieve lots of dialogue choices is just not needed.

Don't forget the soulbound scepter. It gives +3 Resolve which is cumulative with other items because it is a weapon. You'll have to play a caster protagonist for it by the way.

Only drawback is tat you can't use it with +2 Con sword to pass a certain spore check.

Steadfast is another option for +1 resolve.

• Like 1

In my opinion the only dialogue worth investing in Dragon meat is the Alpine Dragon. I think you need a 19 so a base 10 + dragon meat + ring + resting = 19 This comes in handy if you are low level and want the vambraces with the DR penetration but can't kill the dragon yet.

Actualy, I think you only need 18 or 17, since my base 15 RES Druid managed it with only the ring.