Bug in Galawain's Maw -The Old Queen and the New King

pikachu01

Question

I went out the Northwest exit and then back again without interacting with Irensi first. When I came back, the combat logs start appearing (and auto paused on spell cast, as I've activated that). After that Sul is dead, but I can still interact with Irensi and either attack her or promise to kill Oernos. Going back after interacting with Irensi, there's an option with Einden that says I've killed Sul and done the deed thus quest ended. I could still go back to Irensi and attack her.

Save game is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkt9pkvvgaq9ob4/aa632dbeed134f7dafbaa2bd2172d2f6%2017700975%20Oldsong.savegame?dl=0

Issue is reproducible on my save game.

Just enter the door back to Galawain's Maw, then move to the center of the map. You'll see Sul (being ally to me) attacking other lions and (possibly) getting killed in the process.

Edited by pikachu01

4 answers to this question

Had this happen just now. The procedure:

Visited the maw for the second time - the first time I only bought a shield. This time I picked the lock (never done before - could be relevant) without talking to Desthwn or whatever his name is. Soon after I entered, this happened:

Sul killed Elder Lion.

Sul (Knock Down) grazes Lion Clansman. (Prone for 2.3 sec)

Lion Clansman killed Sul.

And indeed, when I arrived at her lair, she wasn't there, but her fangirl spoke as if she were. Then I went to see Oernos, and I had the option to tell his guy that Sul was dead. Didn't try it - instead I convinced him Oernos was a wuss (fighter option). Slew the bear, and the journal says I decided Sul should remain champion. However, Galawain recognizes that both are dead.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!