Are purchases universal across platforms?

Let's say I buy the the pass for Rise of the Runelords on my tablet, will I have to purchase it a second time once it's released through Steam to play it on my PC? Or are the purchases tied directly to a login that'll be universal? 

Universal, your purchases are tied to your PlayFab account.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds fantastic! This includes iPad, PC(Steam), and the possible phone release, too? I'm really looking forward to this; played a bunch of the board game, slowly ever since it launched, as our Office gamenight game.

I should add: is the PlayFab account tied to this Obsidian account? Any details you could reveal on how the account system works cross platform?

(And, prying, would it be used for an possible cross platform multiplayer, and would multiplayer be available asynchronously)?

Guess I might as well pile on my questions....

• 4 weeks later...

Let's say I buy the the pass for Rise of the Runelords on my tablet, will I have to purchase it a second time once it's released through Steam to play it on my PC? Or are the purchases tied directly to a login that'll be universal? 

So, how is this going to work now? On Android, there is no PlayFab account and everything is through Google Play. And it's not even syncing parties across android devices.

I have the game installed on an android device as well as an ipad2. My googleplay account on android is linked to a different email address than my gamecenter account on the ipad.

I purchased the full bundle on android and am quite happy with it. I was surprised to see how well the game is running on my ipad2 and would very much like the purchases to be available there too. I am hoping that the purchases are actually cross-platform as this topic implies and that a method of restoring the purchases on the second device (in my case the ipad2) becomes available soon.

I have the game installed on an android device as well as an ipad2. My googleplay account on android is linked to a different email address than my gamecenter account on the ipad.

I purchased the full bundle on android and am quite happy with it. I was surprised to see how well the game is running on my ipad2 and would very much like the purchases to be available there too. I am hoping that the purchases are actually cross-platform as this topic implies and that a method of restoring the purchases on the second device (in my case the ipad2) becomes available soon.

I have the same email on both accounts and have found they are not linking though either.

They are not currently able to be linked. A GameCenter account will not be linkable with a GooglePlayGames account. However, when we have our multiplayer release, you will be able to link all devices to a single account and all purchases, gold, saves, etc., will persist.

• Like 9

They are not currently able to be linked. A GameCenter account will not be linkable with a GooglePlayGames account. However, when we have our multiplayer release, you will be able to link all devices to a single account and all purchases, gold, saves, etc., will persist.

Thank you for the quick response, this is very good news. The game is great and the forthcoming addition of multiplayer and cross-platform purchases makes me even happier that I made the bundle purchase.

• Like 1

Ok, just so I'm clear - on Android using a GooglePlayGames account, do puchases currently unlock across different Android devices?

Ok, just so I'm clear - on Android using a GooglePlayGames account, do puchases currently unlock across different Android devices?

I have played on both my Android phone and Android tablet.  I unlocked Lem with Gold on my tablet, and he became available on my phone.

Edited by da_mayor
  • Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I didn't sign up for a PlayFab account, from reading this thread it sounds like its automatically linked to my GameCenter.  My gold is working and tracking, so I assume that is correct.

If I purchase the complete bundle with cash, its that linked to my itunes account (like all purchases on app store) or is even that somehow linked to my gamecenter account?  

Thanks!

It's really good to hear. I hope I can link both my GooglePlay and Steam account together soon. :)

To be clear, if I buy on iOS today (Which is linked to my gamecenter account, no way around this) then will I later be able to link that gamecenter account to my googleplay account and steam account so that I don't have to purchase the same content again on other platforms? I am very concerned that I will spend the money now, and because my googleplay and steam accounts are tied to different email addresses they will never be able to sync up.

Related. What happens if I have different saved data on each platform? What if I have made purchases on each platform (treasure chests, etc)?

I was set to buy the season pass right away, and honestly excited to buy each season as it came. But with this lack of cross-platform compatibility and ambiguous details on if/how it may work at some undetermined or even un-eastimated future date for possible cross-platform compatibility (could be MONTHS? Wow.) my excitement and enthusiasm have gone way down and I am very uncertain about spending any money here. 

I really want to give you my money and support this project, but you're not making it easy at the moment.

• Like 1

Interesting questions. I Also have been wondering how different accounts gets Merget together when the sync is ready.

What happens if I have season pass to iDevices and android devices both? What happens when They Are Merget?

If I have season pass to iDevice and 200000 gold and I have Android account without season pass and 500 gold, how They Are merged. Many important things to take account.

Or if i have level 5 party in one device and level 2 in another? How They Are merged?

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I am sure that They will tell, when They know themselves. That part of the game has not been done and They most likely will play different ideas and try to find out how They work in practice.

The dev. Has been most helpfull in all things that They have clean idea how it will be done.

Summa sunarum They will tell, when They know for sure.

Ofcourse I would like to know as soon as possible, so that I don't do anything very stupidle while waiting instructions.

But we know that They Are going to make between different platforms support. We know that They Are planning cloud storage save files and so allow same groups between different platforms. All things that requires a lot of testing, because if something goes wrong, it happens in all your devices and They want so be pretty sure that that sync has no bugs in it untill it will be announces and released!

• 1 year later...

I purchased Rise of the Runelords on iOS based on this information. I mainly wanted to play on PC (ergonomic reasons) but after I read this I felt there was no harm in buying it on iOS and trying it out, then wait for the PC release. Now I find out it costs $25 to access my "universal" content.

I purchased Rise of the Runelords on iOS based on this information. I mainly wanted to play on PC (ergonomic reasons) but after I read this I felt there was no harm in buying it on iOS and trying it out, then wait for the PC release. Now I find out it costs $25 to access my "universal" content.

I had a similar experience. I bought the ROTR bundle shortly after the PC announcement, and was fairly vocal around here after it came to light that we'd have to basically re-buy that bundle on PC. The Ambassador Program did take most of the sting out for me though. The game is on sale for about $19 on steam right now. If you wait for the Ambassador coupon, that should bring the price down to about $16 (it was mentioned somewhere around here that the coupon will combine with the sale, which is fairly uncommon). At that point we're basically just paying for the price difference between the Base game on PC and the Obsidian Edition. I mentally chalk the couple extra dollars we're paying up to playing the game early on Mobile. The situation isn't perfect, but it could be worse.

Edited by Fade2gray
  • Like 2

Interesting Factoid: My profile picture depicts Belafa cosplaying as Ballos.