3 priests, because priests are cool goddamnit. You'd have to rest a lot early game with how much Iconic Projection you'll be spamming but once you hit level 7 you're on easy street.

Nu-uh dude! Priests are super un-cool! Probably my least favorite class in this game. :p

Btw. I think I'm gonna focus on trios from now on.

Solo is no fun anymore you need cheese too often in WM2.

POTD newbie with full party here. Does the game scale down for solo oder trio runs?
It Doesn't scale no. You'd have to scale it yourself with the difficulty settings :) Edited by Dorftek

chanter tank, druid tank, wizard blaster

If you build a chanter as a tank, will he still have enough Might for "Dragon Thrashed"?

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

chanter tank, druid tank, wizard blaster

If you build a chanter as a tank, will he still have enough Might for "Dragon Thrashed"?

For one of the best Chanter Tank builds go look at Boereor's Drake Ambassador build. Plenty tanky and plenty of Dragon Thrash, it even works great with Kana. Look in the sticky for new class builds for the link.

Tanking - the ability to survive in melee - is more heavily influenced by talent choices, heavy armor and using a shield than by stats. Any non dumped set of stats will work fine, the difference between kana's 10 Resolve and a min maxed 20 Resolve is a mere 10 deflection while an exceptional small shield with talent gets you +22 deflection and +22 Reflex.

The two stats that you want for a Chanter are Intellect and Might with nothing dumped except maybe Dexterity. Kana has a 17 Intellect and a 16 Might at the start, no real reason to replace with a soulless merc when he can do all you need as a Chanter. The one bad thing is the skeletons at level one that you can't get rid of.

• Like 1

Btw.. I'm doing a video tutorial on how to build the invincible trio party right now (just started it tho):

https://youtu.be/PtNBOFSRMKw?list=PLzscMCQ3321uDtjan2jm_3waeIt0ZCMDO

(playlist link:)

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

Wizard tank, wizard blaster, cipher.

wizards are just huge on both melee and ranged aoe and control and ... well everything.  their only weakness is a low health pool, and your wizard tank has tons of ways to compensate.

cipher, because they have so many ways to make fights easy, and are almost as good as rogues at single target damage because of the whip.

Rush to get Ninagauth's grimoire asap.

Alternatively, priest tank, which will be less offensive, but useful in those times when you can't lockdown things that inevitably will dominate one or more of your characters.  LOOKIN' AT YOU, SPORES (with a sideways glance at fampyrs).

but, if I was going for 4 instead of 3, I would definitely be trying a "barber shop quartet" of all chanters, designed to complement each other's chants and invocations.

not as powerful as the 2 wizards and cipher, frankly, but I'm curious to see how it would work out.

Edited by Ichthyic

• 6 months later...

So even though I took my time to get there (started end of march, lol) I finally got to level 15 with my Trio party, paladin, Kana and GM.

I've got to say defensive mindweb is no less than op, but also I feel it's still alright for such a high level ability and doesn't need a nerf or anything.

Till level 15 I ran GM as ranger and Kana as tank, now I respeced to almost purely offensive dual wielders (took Superior Deflection as only safety talent) and start the fight with an arquebus shot to get 80 focus.

I quickly build 80 again for reaping knives, cast it on kana and then wonder wtf I even did that because now I build 170 focus in seconds but since the fight is almost over it's a waste of time to cast abilities, since melee GM reks so much it is a beauty to see.

Haven't done the dragons yet, nor Cragholt or half of WM1 (and ofc all WM2) but from what I've seen vs the fampyr lord (my 1st test) no fight is gonna be a challenge.

I take it that Myth Fyr works on reaping knives, boosting focus gain even further?

I would imagine so.

I just realised that after my respec Kana somehow deleted dragon slashed out of his chantbook and I jusat rekt the fampyr lord and straight after those nasty fampyrs on the russetwood map without even realising my only chants were Wengridh and comrades...

Yea I think chanter, cipher, barb is actually better than my trio, since you can get chanter def almost as high as paladin.

It's jsut slightly more work with scrolls in certain situations like fampyrs and dragons since you need protection from terrify or charm.

I'm pretty lazy and even tho I don't mind microing a single char, microing 3 sometimes feels like a chore, if I had 6 I probably would go 6 chanters, lol.

I wonder if priest chanter cipher is actually necessary, sure you get the highest defense + priest spells, but what are you gonna use your support spells for if you have 200ish defenses in all 4 catgories?

Cast damaging spells instead? ;)

Another question: do charmed enemies also profit from Defensive Mindweb? Never tested that...

Yea true, but the priest has so much support, lol.

Charmed enemies do indeed profit from it, tested on the broodmother on upscaled rRussetwood, for Cleansing flaming her companions I mindwebbed her twice. :)

(I still had dragon chant switched of or the fight would have been quicker.^^)

You can easily avoid that tho by going out of range from the charmed enemy, only allies in close proximity (I think something like 3m) profit from the web.

• 3 weeks later...

So after a week of illness and not being able to record I finally ended my Trio run.

It was a lot of fun to see how powerful mindweb is, but also how universally useably it is

My personal favourite thing was to not do any kiting, pulling or usage of figurines vs Thaos, just stood right where the encounter starts, stopped one judge with my paladin, the other with Kana, so GM can build her 80 focus safely., once mindweb was cast, this was just another random encounter as I did many before.

The same was true btw for the bog dragons.

Can't imagine how powerful mindweb is in a full party.