Haven't played WM2 yet, please no spoilers.

I'd like to know the following:

1) Is there a way to buy generic exceptional robes?

I'm in act 3 and couldn't find any so far. If there is a way in the maingame / WM1, please tell me the location. I looked at most vendors I could think of and found none. If there is a way in WM2, please just confirm this without location.

2) Are there any new unique robes in WM2?

If yes, just confirm it without stating where and how they look like.

I'm mostly interested in knowing if there is an updated robe model as for the other armors. Of course, it is easy to enhance any robe to exceptional, but that won't change the model of the robe. I have all but one unique robes of base game / WM1 and they seem to use the model of the normal and fine robes respectivelly.

Thank you very much!

there is a great "monk" robe in WM2 but it is not buyable, will not say more. it is a monk robe but it can be worn by anyone, has -15% recovery, is exceptional and has some really great properties added.

as for exceptional robes, there is only the guy in the dyrford skaen temple that has some and on later stages of the game act3 or craighold you can get some from enemy drops and loot. 

your best bet is to enchant a good found or bought robe, like rundels finery or vestments of waels eyes to exceptional. if you are in act three have not found the starlit garb in twin elms yet? Also, some mage enemies in act three in twin elms are drop exceptional robes.

• Like 1

There's something like that robe, if I recall in a sidequest from Dyrford. Where you go against Skaen cultists.

I can't remember if the modifier was +4 though. But it seemed at the time, better than the +2 fine robes.

Reading what  ottffsse wrote, it seems that would be it. But I don't recall any other robe like that in the main game.

if you go robes best robes are still barathian priest robes which you get in roedrics castle. Just enchant them to exceptional of whatever. That is untill you get something like gwisk glas if you really want second chance or the new unique monk outfit in wm2. 

there is a great "monk" robe in WM2 but it is not buyable, will not say more. it is a monk robe but it can be worn by anyone, has -15% recovery, is exceptional and has some really great properties added.

as for exceptional robes, there is only the guy in the dyrford skaen temple that has some and on later stages of the game act3 or craighold you can get some from enemy drops and loot. 

your best bet is to enchant a good found or bought robe, like rundels finery or vestments of waels eyes to exceptional. if you are in act three have not found the starlit garb in twin elms yet? Also, some mage enemies in act three in twin elms are drop exceptional robes.

if you go robes best robes are still barathian priest robes which you get in roedrics castle. Just enchant them to exceptional of whatever. That is untill you get something like gwisk glas if you really want second chance or the new unique monk outfit in wm2. 

Thanks a bunch (also to everyone else that answered)!

I'm equipping my whole party exclusively with robes this run (they are martial artists, not spellcasters, so monk robes are perfect), so I tried to get to all the unique robes first. I'm only missing gwisk glass and the exceptional skaen robe from dyrwood temple in base game / WM1, but I don't like the looks of the latter, so I'll skip it.

My question is mostly motivated by my curiousity of how the model changes, as the upgrade from normal to fine robes felt were really nice in terms of the improved aesthetic. I could already enchant everything up to exceptional without problem but would actually sacrifice unique enchantments for aesthetics this run, so I'd like to gather all the different models first and decide which ones I want to use before I apply all the costly enchantments like durgan steel and so on.

Could anyone spoil the new monk robe for me? both location and item details would be awsome!

If people could use spoiler tags or send him a pm, that would be great.

Edited by Doppelschwert

You used to be able to buy exceptional robes in one of the last levels of Caed Nua, think it's level 12 or 13. Only if you resolve an issue peacefully though. I haven't got there yet since WM 2 so I'm not sure if that's still the case. But there definitely used to be a vendor with exceptional robes there.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

May I ask why you want to buy some and not enchant fine or normal ones? Because of the looks I guess?

Crägholt Bluffs is a good source for exceptional robes.

But you have to kill some pyromancers for those. That can be quite tough a lower levels, but it's doable if you can snatch them when they are alone. I always go there when I want exceptional arquebuses. ;)

There are definetly other sources because at the end of WMII I seemed to drown in except. robes. But I can't really tell where they came from other than Crägholt Bluffs.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

^ Much easier to buy them :)

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

May I ask why you want to buy some and not enchant fine or normal ones? Because of the looks I guess?

Crägholt Bluffs is a good source for exceptional robes.

But you have to kill some pyromancers for those. That can be quite tough a lower levels, but it's doable if you can snatch them when they are alone. I always go there when I want exceptional arquebuses. wink.png

There are definetly other sources because at the end of WMII I seemed to drown in except. robes. But I can't really tell where they came from other than Crägholt Bluffs.

Thanks for the information, but I guess I'm too weak for the bluffs right now. I accedently saw your spoiler in the quote of this message, but rest assured, I already played through WM1. I'm waiting for the 3.02 patch before I delve into WM2 since a couple of my talents are bugged. Concerning your question about my motivation, I already mentioned that above:

My question is mostly motivated by my curiousity of how the model changes, as the upgrade from normal to fine robes felt were really nice in terms of the improved aesthetic. I could already enchant everything up to exceptional without problem but would actually sacrifice unique enchantments for aesthetics this run, so I'd like to gather all the different models first and decide which ones I want to use before I apply all the costly enchantments like durgan steel and so on.

I'd like to pretend my PC hired all the ingame companions for his personal monk order and is teaching them to punch people in the face. I'm currently torn between using custom robes or just settling for one generic robe model that looks particular nice and then dressing up everyone uniformly. Custom robes would be stronger, but the party aesthetic is all over the place with them. It's especially bad with the devil who's not able to wear robes to match... maybe I'll exchange her for Kana for that reason (then again, no one will be able to mechanics then.. *sigh*).

So I gotta decide which robes look the best for all. I actually like the leaden key robes quite much, but I only found 2 so far.

You used to be able to buy exceptional robes in one of the last levels of Caed Nua, think it's level 12 or 13. Only if you resolve an issue peacefully though. I haven't got there yet since WM 2 so I'm not sure if that's still the case. But there definitely used to be a vendor with exceptional robes there.

Thanks, that is very helpful! Maybe I'll just quickly load an older save to look at the ingame model there then. In the old saves I already routinely sold all the loot and killed everyone, so vendors are the fastest way. Was keeping the Caed Nua for the end of the current runthrough, but that might change up everything.

EDIT:

Checked them out in an earlier save, you were right about the endless paths vendor!

And, yes, I think they look very nice, even if they fit better to spellcasters. Thanks a bunch again!

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 1

But... if you can go to level 12 of the Endless Paths - why can't you go to Crägholt Bluffs for a short visit? I mean you shouldn't aggro all of the Torn Bannermen - just a few Pyromancers to get some nice robes. Divide and conquer and so on... ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I split pulled some marksman dwarf patroller in Craghold when my party was level 5, and got some exceptional chainmail.

Don't be afraid of those mercs. Just pretend the land belongs to Caed Nua, because soon it will be.

Edited by Ymarsakar

It can be tough getting to the vithrack level in Caed Nua, it's just every time I go to Cragholdt I manage to aggro just about every darn merc there. I'm starting to have nightmares where I wake up screaming surrounded by a ton of angry monks who proceed to pull me apart piece by piece. It's probably why I leave Cragholdt till level 14 or so... :)

Lord of Light

Phew, I went through 9 levels of the paths to get those robes since I posted last...

Last and only time I went through the bluffs was after the release of WM1 and that was a nightmare. Now that I'm playing potd and totally gimped myself, the paths were much easier to run through, in particular because of the available supplies and resting after a trip upstairs.

Now that I bought the single available one of these robes, how much time does need to pass for vendors to restock their items?

Or does it depend on stronghold turns / area transitions?

• Like 1