MLB 2016 - Even Year Magic

Hurlshort

9ad80901-528f-453e-aadc-3b0b09254ebf.jpg

Little did he realize 22 years and 100lbs later that he'd find himself greeted by an empty dugout after going yard for the first time.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Did you see the way he ran the bases? Good thing it left the yard. The poor dude might have been thrown out at first on triple for anyone else!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Christ. 20 strikeouts? 20? Bless you, Scherzer. (fantasy related)

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Can I just be mad about it as a Tigers fan?  He should be striking out 20 people for the Tigers, not striking out 20 Tigers!

That is one of the most impressive parts though.  The Tigers have a fantastic line up, it's not like he struck out 20 guys from the Padres.

• Like 1

Dear Commissioner Manfred,

Please do not schedule the Rays and Marlins off on the same night anymore. What am I supposed to do tonight?

Respectfully,

Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It started with Bautista thinking he got plunked on purpose by Matt Bush (just called up).  Then Bautista supposedly went after Odor's legs on his slide to break up a double play.  (I've seen the video and Bautista is targeting Odor's leg and not the bag.)  Odor objected and invited Bautista's face to meet his fist with the best right hand I've seen in a MLB game ever.    

Well. Today was eventful Sunday game for Texas and Toronto.

dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.gif

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/blue-jays-and-rangers-brawl-completely-ignore-game-1776771655

There's been bad blood simmering since the playoffs last year.    Oh and the fracas didn't end with that punch either.  On the very first pitch after Bautista and Odor were ejected, Jesse Chavez hit Fielder with the first pitch and got the heave ho as well.  Odor's looking at a 10-14 day suspension

Edited by kgambit

This is what unwritten rules does to this game. It is a stain that needs to be purged.

First off, **** Matt Bush (if he did on purpose) or **** the person who told Matt Bush to throw at Bautista. Next, **** Bautista for going after Odor who had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AT ALL. You're pissed off at Matt Bush, right? Charge the mound and settle it right there.

No problems with Odor at all. I would have done the very same in that situation. And the league is probably going to suspend Odor for it too. Bravo.

Heh. I would put far too many resources into finding out who told Matt Bush to throw at Bautista or if he did it himself. Either way, I'm throwing the hammer down on Bush. He threw the pitch and instigated it all. But this coward league is not going to do anything to Bush. As Manfred said, leave it to the players. 

Jesse Chavez is gonna get a hefty fine and/or suspension as well.

• Like 1

Jesse Chavez is gonna get a hefty fine and/or suspension as well.

Bautista should get one as well.  His slide was a cheap shot.  He was so far off the bag they called interference on him. 

Edit:  just saw these:

CiiEMWHUYAAFngu.jpg

CiiNrIMVEAAIJ1R.jpg

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Want to see what it looks like to have your whole season flash before your eyes?

http://m.mlb.com/video/v699863083/?game_pk=447427

Thomas Sowell

To be fair, Bautista took that punch like a champ. He's no Glass Joe --he stayed up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thursday, SD becomes the first team in seven years to blow a ten-run lead, then today they blank Colorado 4-0 with a stunning steal home, first since 2012. 

I think I get it now, how to enjoy baseball: in the moment, no expectations.   

All Stop. On Screen.

The Padres traded James Shields to the White Sox for a few prospects of middling value. I guess they have hung it up for the year.

It was cool to see former Ray BJ Upton steal home. That guy was always quick. Too bad the bat cooled off.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Huh, that Clayton Kershaw character is a stand-up guy. I'm watching Dodgers @ Giants and the booth did an in-game interview. He's got a great speaking voice and runs a benefit for kids in three different countries. Now I don't even mind when he comes to town and shuts-out our local major league wiffle ball squad. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Ichiro! one hit away from equaling Pete Rose on the hits list and 23 away from 3,000 with MLB.

200.gif

https://theringer.com/ichiro-pete-rose-hits-record-f27a4a486b8e#.tcpsgp3lc

Completely revamped and patterned my College Intramural Softball game the spring of '02 after of him. Halfway through the season, I was called out by the ump for a "swinging bunt." Argued profusely. Fascists.

Watching Ichiro & the Marlins vs Padres.

In other news there is some real out-of-the-box thinking going on here: http://www.preps.tampabay.com/news/tampa-bay-rays-want-smaller-year-round-stadium-8212-without-upper-deck/2280516

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Watching Ichiro & the Marlins vs Padres.

In other news there is some real out-of-the-box thinking going on here: http://www.preps.tampabay.com/news/tampa-bay-rays-want-smaller-year-round-stadium-8212-without-upper-deck/2280516

I like some of those ideas.  My best experiences in the ballpark are often not in the seats.  Sitting on the grass at the Memphis Redbirds game was fantastic, and having the kids run around the bases at the mini-field they set up behind the bleachers at the Giants games is great.

Autozone Park is a great place to watch a game. I haven't been to one yet this year. When the next "Bark at the Park" night comes up I think I'll take Tommy & Sunny to a game.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Ichiro tied passed Pete Rose for career hits today. Yeah, not the same thing because he got 1278 of them in the NPB. But... at the end of the day Ichiro will be in two Halls of Fame. Which is two more than Rose.  :lol:

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell