2.03 patch changes teased

Looking through the cc immunity list of enemies in 2.03, in my next playthrough I better have every one of my party get enough lore to cast Scrolls of Paralysis. Er... so.... next will be to nerf Scrolls of Paralysis?

Edited by mosspit

I have just looked at the 2.03 patch note...

Honnestely, I am a bit disappointed by fighter changes.

They are still subpar compared to monks (and their new iron wheel that makes them superior tanks...). Obs just turned a few useless skills into mehish skills.

Of course it's a bit better but I still can't think in a reason to include a fighter in my party.

I have just decided that I am NOT going to install the 2.03 in my current playthrough.

My concerns are about CC immunities for 2 reasons : I am not sure my current party would have the tools to kill some boss (basically Adra dragon) if immune to all CC. A couple of immunities is not a problem. This would be less a concern without those stupid insta-kill Adra dragon attack...

Second is more about fun to play : if a type of CC used by one of my martial character (currently that means Stun and Stuck from my ranger) is too frequently resisted, it would kill the fun of the builds I've made.

I'll check again when you will have a list.

I'm currently having fun with my party, I don't want to take the risk to loose this.

"No single character can handle every situation. Use the strengths and skills of all your party members."

(Doesn't apply if you're a kensai/mage)

I don't have enough experience with all classes to be able to gauge if there has been some balance between their damage-dealing and crowd control capabilities, which balance is now being lost. But I'd be happy if the direction the game is taking is to profile classes more, so that characters can combine powers effectively. 

​The "cause an affliction which allows the rogue to backstab" + "rogue backstabs" isn't anything inventive, all the more that the rogue himself can cause such afflictions. I'd like more synergies like that.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I like affliction immunities where appropriate, but damage immunities should be far less common. Ice blights immune to freeze damage, fire blights immune to burn damage etc.; obviously yes! Random slash, pierce, crush or elemental immunities; :no:.

If they want a certain creature type to be very resistant against a specific damage type they could remove the minimum guaranteed damage (20%) for that damage type when you attack the creature. For example, using slashing weapons against an earth blight or piercing against a fire blight; you'd still sometimes do 0 damage, but if you hit hard enough some damage would be inflicted.