dark side or the light side

what did you like better in the game the dark side path or the light side path.  

63 members have voted

1. 1. what did you like better in the game the dark side path or the light side path.

• dark side
    • Light side

DS was just pathetically easy and trite. LS was more challenging, more fulfilling and ultimately more true to Star Wars.

Says you! Fall off that self righteous horse of yours already geez! Maybe you're SW universe is all about the LS, but mine is all about the Darkside so don't s*** all over it with you're broad strokes!

Cheers!

I picked darkside, of course. I mean, yeah, sometimes you had to act like a stupid bully, but on the other hand, you got to do some great things.

Sith forever! *Also recites sith code*

And Dead Skin, you're absolutely right.

It's all about LS/DS here. What about folks who were dedicated to a balance. ...Or folks who just wanted to play without a concern about either the light side or the dark side. After all, there was at least one NPC who was more "grey side." As I asked before, what result would we get if there were a middle option?

I'm feel pretty confident in saying that most folks who played the game preferred the light side overall, but I'm surprised the dark side isn't doing better in a forum poll. We represent such a small fraction of the folks who played the game and we're allegedly the "hard core" gamers. I think most of those so-called "casual" gamers pretty much followed the whole good guy idea of gaming in KotOR.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

KotOR was made for light side Jedi. There was almost no "good" dark options and quests, that did not feel like they were written by a 10 year old.

Dark side should be seductively evil, and not cartoonishly evil.

Did as always end up doing lightside first though, since my normal choices make me light side. But second time I played Darkside to see what the game had for a dark side character.

Well at least they had better looking clothing, if nothing else. :(

It all depends on how you play your DS. I only got DS points for acts which were not beneath a Sith Lord. For example with the sand people at first I agreed to get the moisture evaporators for them. After I got the evaporators I asked their leader one final time to stop the attacks all together. he refused so i waited until he handed over his bantha stick and told HK "I have no further use for him, you may shoot him now" no that's DS at it's purest form.

Yeah evil.E, but you actually went to the trouble of getting the moisture things. I said screw it and just slaughtered the lot there (making HK quite happy in the process, I may add). I'm not running around for some jerks that aren't gonna do what they're asked to do anyway.

And Spook's right. Most of the DS stuff was petty bullying. Kiddie stuff. Not proper Sith DS, but more of how Jedi see the DS. IT'S A BIAS GAME! :(

I played both sides, but not-so-secretly prefer the darkside in this game.

However, I hope that Obsidian is planning a deeper, more relevant "gray" side. The only character who fit that mold was Jolee. I'd like to see a little more of the Luke Skywalker cir. Ep IV type of "light" side. You know, wants to be good, but "man, this force thing sure is cool...lookee what I can do!"

I played through both and found the Dark side seriously lacking, most of the time I felt like a two bit bully rather than the up and coming dark lord of the sith.

I want some real evil options, like casually pushing an annoying NPC of a bridge with the force, instead of bullying some grandma out of her 50 credits.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Lightside. I can't take all the guilt assosiated wtih the Darkside!

Light side, I felt the same, pretty stupid actually, I mean it's just a game, but I just felt pitty for the poor souls... I had no problem what so ever to kill people I thought deserved a quick death I was mad that I had to save "what's his name" on Manaan when he was fawking cheating on his wife and lying to me, but I did it as I really didn't like the Sith.

Personally I can't really choose which side I like more...I mean it's fun being a Sith and killing characters, but it's also fun to be a Jedi. I always like to play the game through once as a Jedi, and the second time around as a Sith, and enjoy the differences in game play. :ph34r:

no I'm semi-light.

there's lots of the Siths I'd like giving a good whooping and then there's the guy (can't remember the name) you save in the trial, there's the Rep. Commander in Manaan, many of the Czerka people but I get to do that on Kashyyk.. that made me feel great :lol:

Lol, not bad, not bad at all . . .

I love killing Lashow (sp?) and I wish I could kill that snotty Sith beeotch on Manaan. And when you know you're Revan, that male Sith guard too, for not believing . . . Teach him to laugh at me . . . *grumbles* Anyhoo!

Heh, I don't save Sunry. First off, I've never been able to even when I thought he was innocent - it was just like, a week or two ago that I figured out he really was guilty. So I just send him immediately to the chopping block.

Our way of thinking? Then again, I'm cruel, cold and malicious, so I suppose I don't see much wrong with it. Although I don't believe or care for that whole "killing other sith to gain power". Nooooo, there aren't enough of us as it is; we can't be killing each other. That does the Jedi's job for them, and we can't let that happen, now can we.

:p

Being on the dark side is much more hilarious then being on the light side. I love some of the dialog options you can pick on the dark side...especially on Manan. "What were you doing in the Sith base? (PC) "I was killing Sith, see? simple" or on Dantooine(sp) when you kill the family lol. :(