Nature Godlike: Fighter or Rogue? Or maybe Paladin?

Which class should I go for a Nature Godlike?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which class should I go for a Nature Godlike?

Sorry popped away for the weekend for friends' wedding, yeah I didn't include Barbarian on there as I already have an idea for a Fire Godlike Barbarian I want to play, though it's good to know they do synergise well (I didn't actually choose them for that, just for the image of a burning barbarian running amok heh).  I'm currently leaning towards Paladin at the mo but the suggestions on both sides are quite intriguing, mainly thinking Paladin because I can see with the bonus to deflection from dispositions it would be easier to make a offensive paladin without losing too much from defense in doing so.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Sorry popped away for the weekend for friends' wedding, yeah I didn't include Barbarian on there as I already have an idea for a Fire Godlike Barbarian I want to play, though it's good to know they do synergise well (I didn't actually choose them for that, just for the image of a burning barbarian running amok heh).  I'm currently leaning towards Paladin at the mo but the suggestions on both sides are quite intriguing, mainly thinking Paladin because I can see with the bonus to deflection from dispositions it would be easier to make a offensive paladin without losing too much from defense in doing so.

You do lose some but yes it less noticeable.

Have gun will travel.

I just really see Nature Godlike as druid or ranger.  Then again, I can't get past the figures you see on the screen - which are universally icky, but the godlikes are the ickiest.  I mean, you can get great portraits to replace the rather pedestrian originals - but you still have to deal with the on-screen uglies.

Wish someone could do a mod for the on-screen bodies....

Edited by Oralaina

Well it looks like both from being swayed by arguments and the poll results itself I will be creating a Nature Godlike Paladin!  Thank you all for your advice, it was as close in my head as it was in the poll, you all put forward your reasonings well and a Fighter will be a future class I intend to play in the future (possibly Orlan Fighter).

Oralaina, I agree that first look at them would probably make people think ranger or druid, which is kinda the reason I want to go something else with them, not to be deliberately contrary (that would be some sort of tech character) but different.  Plus, their racial doesn't really seem to lend itself well to a Druid or Ranger ironically enough, dunno if that's intended or not.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Just to provide an update for those who might be interested: While I intended to create this character after my current playthrough with my ranger, I found myself with just my laptop over the weekend which did not have the latest game save for my ranger (and the most recent one lost at least 20 hours progress), so I decided to start my Nature Godlike Kind Wayfarer Paladin then.  I must say he is beyond awesome! :D  Will be progressing him when I'm just with my laptop until I finish my ranger playthrough, but it is a struggle to fight the urge and give in to Paladinness...

• Like 1

Just to provide an update for those who might be interested: While I intended to create this character after my current playthrough with my ranger, I found myself with just my laptop over the weekend which did not have the latest game save for my ranger (and the most recent one lost at least 20 hours progress), so I decided to start my Nature Godlike Kind Wayfarer Paladin then.  I must say he is beyond awesome! :D  Will be progressing him when I'm just with my laptop until I finish my ranger playthrough, but it is a struggle to fight the urge and give in to Paladinness...

Embrace Pallyhood my friend.  I have a warm set of Plate armor for you and your pick of the litter of shields, weapons and 2handed weapons.  Being an almost unkillable asset to the team is fun.  Also I used to play very defensively with the Paladin and its boring.  With full faith and conviction and weapon and shield style (I only switch to it when I am heavily focused, fighting a big hitter like dragons or blocking  door way) your defenses are more then enough even on PoTD.  So spec (if you want) for some righteous kick assnes and help your squad slaughter their foes with your awesome buffs! and heals!

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Embrace Pallyhood my friend.  I have a warm set of Plate armor for you and your pick of the litter of shields, weapons and 2handed weapons.  Being an almost unkillable asset to the team is fun.  Also I used to play very defensively with the Paladin and its boring.  With full faith and conviction and weapon and shield style (I only switch to it when I am heavily focused, fighting a big hitter like dragons or blocking  door way) your defenses are more then enough even on PoTD.  So spec (if you want) for some righteous kick assnes and help your squad slaughter their foes with your awesome buffs! and heals!

Oh I fully intend to!  Paladinness has returned to call to me like it did in the old days of BG1 and 2!  Onwards to glory!  :w00t:

• Like 1