Confident Aim UI bug...or is it not working.

Torm51

Question

I chose the talent for Eder and I don't see the minimum damage on his weapon go up.  Pretty sure it did before 2.01.  I have been fighting with him (sample size has been very small) and have not noticed if the grazes are turning into hits.  Also cant tell on the damage done as its a bit too RNG but I could probably notice after a long period of fighting with him...  I will keep testing.  If anyone else has an easy way to test it would help.

Have gun will travel.

4 answers to this question

I'm still on 2.0 or else I'd do it; anyway, suffice to have a saved game with Edér in your party without the talent.

Repro steps will be something like:

Load the attached saved game.

Select Edér and observe he does not have the Confident Aim ability; further observe his minimum damage is X.

Bring up the console and type "AddExperienceToLevel X"

Level up Edér selecting Confident Aim as his Fighter ability.

Observe that minimum damage on the Edér's character sheet is unchanged. It should be 20% higher.

[EDIT: making repro steps more visible for QA's convenience.]

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

If you have a saved game before leveling up, you can attach it here and the repro steps will hold.

"AddExperienceToLevel 3"

The damage figure you'll have to provide :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I probably shouldn't be playing trial of iron at this point...but I don't.  Also him and Kana have the same Might Attribute (16) they Both show a damage range of 19-27.  I don't think its proof yet that confident aim isn't working as 2.01 has some bad UI issues.  All of the weapon specs work but don't show until you hit something.  I will have them both melee stuff to see if I can see a difference.

Update.  I just had Eder attack my PC Paladin tank with no armor on he scored a graze (roll 48)  that was converted to a hit.  So that piece is at least working.  The minimum damage is harder to tell.

Ok so I let Kana and Eder hit me with Kana's Fine Estoc.  Eder would hit me with no armor on for 25 to 24 points of damage.  Kana with the same Might modifier and the same weapon would hit me between 19 and 21 with no armor on.  Pretty sure its working and the minimum damage not raising is part of 2.01's UI issues.

Pics are in my dropbox

Kana's hits

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+2015-09-08+18.19.06.png

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+2015-09-08+18.19.08.png

Eder's hits

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+2015-09-08+18.18.59.png

Confident Aim working

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?preview=Screenshot+2015-09-08+18.18.55.png

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.