Pet stops moving in stealth mode

sanicek

Question

One of my rangers' pets stops moving in stealth mode. 

Send pet somewhere, pet goes. Enter stealth mode, pet stops moving. Drop stealth, pet resumes movement.

Every other char and pet continues moving normally in stealth.

I run 4 rangers and currently also Sagani. Other 4 pets are fine, 1 is misbehaving, Duk's pet.

This was happening before 2.0. Was hoping it will be fixed in 2.0 so I waited a few days but the issue persists in 2.0 as well.

I tried removing from party and readding, changing formations and so on but doesn't help.

It is super annoying as I always move in stealth as default as I believe everyone does in new areas.

Savegame, output_log, dxdiag:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2zq1BH5JRHffnNUQ191TmZvLXZzRkFjYjFlbWhCV21maVQ3TUMtSHJlSWdFc3RFSlBiV2M&usp=sharing

8 answers to this question

Hello, sanicek.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  While I've never seen a pet completely stop I have seen them slow down to the point of crawling.  There is a bug in our database regarding this issue and I will add your files to that issue.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello, I added a couple of save games to the google drive folder.

I had two pets not moving in stealth and one move slower after a battle with Metzla.

I noticed it right after the battle, saved and reloaded, tried again. After that only Itumak is slowed and the rest are fine. You can find a save before the battle where pets are OK and both saves after different pet outcomes.

Hope this helps.

Two more findings:

You can fix the problem by having a custom char respecced. Thank god for this.

It seems the speed can go both ways, one of my pets now actually moves faster than the rest while in stealth (and it's not caused by the others suffering from slowness, it moves faster than PCs as well).

I'm experiencing the same bug of ranger pet slowdown in stealth. Like Sanicek, it seemed to occur after the battle with Metzla.

Doing a character respec does fix the problem - however it seems to introduce a new bug in that Resilient Companion no long is active on the Pet, if chosen during the respec.

2.01 fixed neither the slow-down in stealth issue, nor the pet-talent-applying-to-ranger-after-respec bug.

Hello all.  Glad the respec fixed the issue.  As far as Resilient Companion goes there is a bug in our database stating that the Ranger is getting the buff instead of the pet.  Thanks for the support!

This actually means that there is no workaround for the issue, as the only way to restore movement to the pet, also strips it of all applicable talents (meaning that you can't respec into a pet-talent heavy build).

The bug also seems to apply not only to Resilient Companion but to the other pet talents as well (or at least Stalker's Sense and Vicious Companion in my testing, and other talents in other peoples testing).

Definitely something wonky with the Metzla fight, since I got the same movement dibilitation on my Barbarian (of course, no Pet). Saving/loading fixed that however.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee