Enhancements for the future

I agree I was going to post the exact same thing. I was actually surprised when my warding seal knocked drakes out of the sky in searing falls my first time fighting one. I thought they would be immune or resistant. It seems nothing escapes the knock down cheese

So imagine the knock down is a chain down? Or something else that makes sense?

Making something even more difficult just so it fits your box of ideas of what makes sense doesn't make sense.

If that makes sense...

Very best,

• Like 1

Making something even more difficult just so it fits your box of ideas of what makes sense doesn't make sense.

If that makes sense...

Right. Prone just means "lying on the ground." If drakes and such were immune to Prone, that would preclude the image of a fighter leaping into the air and smashing them into the ground with a single blow, as well as elegant spells like Call to Slumber. That would make the game less awesome.

If the price of being awesome is that I have to assume that Slicken coats a Drake's wings, making them unable to gain lift, and that makes the game even more awesome ... awesome.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Monsters being resistant to specific afflictions (like priest prayers against X), depending on creature type, would be an excellent incentive for the player to experiment with different spells and abilities. I support damage immunities when logic dictates so, but resistance to effects is more important because its impact on strategy and tactics would be greater than don't burn elemental fire.

• Like 2

Right. Prone just means "lying on the ground." If drakes and such were immune to Prone, that would preclude the image of a fighter leaping into the air and smashing them into the ground with a single blow, as well as elegant spells like Call to Slumber. That would make the game less awesome.

If the price of being awesome is that I have to assume that Slicken coats a Drake's wings, making them unable to gain lift, and that makes the game even more awesome ... awesome.

Well, Obs could always just add an AWESOME button in one of the patches... :p

If there are immunities there should also be weaknesses. If you cant burn a fire elemental will it take 2x damage vs Cold?

That's just handled by having a reduced DT against those damage types, which I think is a very elegant solution.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

If that makes sense...

Well, then what's needed isn't a knockdown immunity for drakes, just new unique animations for certain ability scenarios.

I mean, you just described something I now totally want in the game - leaping fighters bashing dragons into the ground!

That said, ghosts should probably be immune to knockdown considering they're kind of always floating. I can buy physical attacks slowly dispersing their ectoplasmic forms just fine, but they're basically already masters of levitating.

And in general, some enemies having certain immunities and particular weaknesses often not only makes sense in a "logical" way, but yeah, it also improves gameplay complexity and can make fights a LOT more interesting.

• Like 1

If there are immunities there should also be weaknesses. If you cant burn a fire elemental will it take 2x damage vs Cold?

That's just handled by having a reduced DT against those damage types, which I think is a very elegant solution.

Yes, reduced and increased DT is already in the game but some status effects and damage type some creatures should be directly immune to.