Milo on 'becoming a gamer'

Monte Carlo

Nice use of argumentum ad populum.

Also funny how he's railing against the idea of skippable combat while praising Planescape for having its "writing, characters and storyline overshadow the gameplay to such an extent that combat ceases to be the primary focus of the game".

Then again, expecting internal consistency from a guy who's perfectly happy ****ting on gamers when it's convenient, then switching sides in a heartbeat when the wind blows from the other direction was never very realistic.

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

He's a polemicist, which is an old-fashioned word for superior troll. 

Inconsistency is to be expected.

a bit o' the chaos never hurt entertainment value, but am gonna admit that the article read more like a teen's stream o' consciousness diary entry than an essay or article... with the teen author in desperate need o' his/her ritalin, and perhaps a time-out.  

that being said, such a style can be entertaining.  am not a woody allen fan... at all.  is no woody allen film that makes our top 20.  however, mr. allen's writings is funny and insightful in spite o' the fact that they, as often as not, have no discernable raison d'être and will lapse, inexplicably, into the literary equivalent o' an acid flashback. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He's a polemicist, which is an old-fashioned word for superior troll. 

Inconsistency is to be expected.

The word I'd use to characterize his opportunistic self-induction into gamerdom is "spineless", but not being a polemicist, I allow for different interpretations to be held by others as valid, so...

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."