The 4th July 'Murrica thread

Monte Carlo

Sorry I don't recognize pin up model nationality by body, I just thought it was a funny picture. *shrug*

upton-kate.gif

Better?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've come to see the circus America, not some half-dressed tart(s) spouting dire warnings with little relevancy to the subject at hand. :down:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Gawker - Man Dies After Launching Firework From Top of Head

Now, for the question of the day  - worth the humanity of allowing sympathy for the family, or the launch into internet burns for someone getting drunk and doing something silly that killed them?

A Maine man was killed instantly on Saturday when he ignited a fireworks mortar he had placed on his head, WCHS reports, an incident the victim’s brother described as “a freak accident.”

Authorities say 22-year-old Devon Staples had been drinking and setting off fireworks with friends when he placed the mortar tube on his head at around 10 p.m. From the Associated Press:

Staples, 22, of Calais, a small city on the Canadian border, placed a reloadable fireworks mortar tube on his head and told his friends he was going to light it, [Department of Public Safety spokesperson Stephen] McCausland said. But his friends urged him to stop.

“Apparently, he thought that was a great idea,”
McCausland said.
“His friends they thought dissuaded him from doing it, and the next thing they knew, he ignited the fireworks and he was killed instantly.”

“There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there,” brother Cody Staples told the New York Daily News. “Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid. He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh.”

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Latter, there's no place for sympathy on the Internet.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra