Hi.

Im just starting Pillars of Eternity but i want to plan ahead on what weapon style my main should use.

Could somebody list the weapon style for what all the companions start with?

Example would be 'Durance - Quarterstaff'

Cheers

You can use the option that doesn't level the companions up automatically so they start at level 1 with the XP to level up to whatever level you are. Since the first talent is gained at level 2, doing this will make sure no one is locked into any weapons or styles. Durance starts with a staff in his inventory but nothing says he ever has to use it.

If you have auto-level-up turned off, you should be able to choose anything you like for companions. If I remember correctly, Eder defaults to "Ruffian", Pallegina chooses "Soldier", Sagini and Hiravias "Peasant". The others don't choose anything.

Durance is best suited to using an Aquabus, give his staff to someone else.

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

If you have auto-level-up turned off, you should be able to choose anything you like for companions. If I remember correctly, Eder defaults to "Ruffian", Pallegina chooses "Soldier", Sagini and Hiravias "Peasant". The others don't choose anything.

Durance is best suited to using an Aquabus, give his staff to someone else.

It always bothered me that his quarterstaff wasn't just a unique arquebus instead.

t50aJUd.jpg

The only one worth noting is Kana, who gets a Fine estoc and an arquebus, which are pretty good gear that early in the game. Everybody else's gear is fairly ignorable, either worse or on par with what you'll have found by then.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Not sure why this would be important as all of them start with pretty basic weaponry as has been noted by other forumers and you'll soon find better weapons during play. Anyway here's the list and none of them start with flails.

Aloth: Scepter, Rapier

Eder: Sabre, Medium Shield, Warbow

Durance: Quarterstaff with Flaming Lash, Rod

Kana: Arquebus, Fine Estoc

Sagani: Fine Hunting Bow, Fine Dagger, Fine Hatchet

Pallegina: Fine Greatsword, Fine Pistol

Hiravias: Fine Spear, Fine Wand

Grieving Mother: Fine Dagger, Fine Crossbow

P/S - The various Weapon Focus talents I consider to be more important rather than what they start with but that's already covered by Fardragon and manageri and is also changeable. Generally companions start with weapons which they have talents in, which would make sense and are equipped with fairly typical items for their class/background.

Edited by Drath
  • Like 1

Not sure why this would be important as all of them start with pretty basic weaponry as has been noted by other forumers and you'll soon find better weapons during play. Anyway here's the list and none of them start with flails.

Aloth: Scepter, Rapier
Eder: Sabre, Medium Shield, Warbow
Durance: Quarterstaff with Flaming Lash, Rod
Kana: Arquebus, Fine Estoc
Sagani: Fine Hunting Bow, Fine Dagger, Fine Hatchet
Pallegina: Fine Greatsword, Fine Pistol
Hiravias: Fine Spear, Fine Wand
Grieving Mother: Fine Dagger, Fine Crossbow

P/S - The various Weapon Focus talents I consider to be more important rather than what they start with but that's already covered by Fardragon and manageri and is also changeable. Generally companions start with weapons which they have talents in, which would make sense and are equipped with fairly typical items for their class/background.

Nice. Cheers dude