In Need Of Beta Testers?

KC-Tang

It was a shameless self plug KC. Nice work!

BTW, I don't think I have ever heard of a game that went console first or was released on the PC/Console at the same time that had public beta testers. Hell, Blizzard is know for beta testing, and I highly doubt you will see them sending out copies of "Ghost" to people.

It's rather early to be bringing this up, isn't it?

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

It's rather early to be bringing this up, isn't it?

I wouldn't know...since I don't know how far along OBS is in their development process. It's a big fog of war about Project X it is right now without dev. feedback (if any, due to the restrictions laid down by the publishers)

I've never understood that "we can't send out the beta version to public beta testers" policy. They do know it's possible to hide encrypted messages in code/graphics/music files, right? And they also know it's not very difficult to write a program that adds a small encrypted message to every single downloaded copy of the beta version? Then all they have to do is connect this randomly generated, encrypted message to each and every beta tester they hire, inform the beta testers about their ability to trace which beta tester has which copy and then sue the hell out of any person who lets his/her beta version roam free on the internet.

I mean, all they would have to do was download the pirated beta version from Kazaa or Direct Connect, check the encrypted code and then check their beta testers list to see who spread it.

Oh, and sign me up for those future beta tests too.. :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Microsoft has initiated successful beta tests before. It will be more difficult for companies like Obsidian, but it is doable.

Why am I not suprised to see you bringing this up at the first opportunity given, KC?

Wait a sec- KC-Tang? Have you been munching some of the local mushrooms again?

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Why am I not suprised to see you bringing this up at the first opportunity given, KC?

Wait a sec- KC-Tang? Have you been munching some of the local mushrooms again?

Hi LT :huh:

I'm supposed to have at least 3 characters in my name, so I had to put in some other stuff in it as well.

Seems I got you interested in this thread as well, didn't I? ;)

Hi LT ;)

There goes my anonymity. Thanks a lot.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin